Windows 7 drivers for an old mobo

Associate
My friend has has a Gigabyte P965-DS3P motherboard.

At the moment he's running Vista but wants to upgrade to Windows 7, I looked the the Gigabyte web site to see if drivers were available for Windows 7 with it being an old board but there are only audio drivers available.

He needs still are LAN and Chipset.

Can he use the vista drivers?

Last edited:

PCZ

PCZ

Associate
W7 will have drivers for the chipset and LAN.
You will get basic HD audio also out of the box with W7

The audio driver on GB's site will enable enhanced features.

Soldato
ive mentioned this elsewhere, but my general rule of thumb:
if it works with vista, then it should work with 7

To quote Ira Gershwin it aint necessarily so

My Cannon scanner works in XP and Vista x86 & x64 but only in x86 Win 7 not Win 7 x64 !! :mad:

OP grab the Vista driver pakcs here http://driverpacks.net/ and use them. Works on the vast majority of driver queries I've had.

Soldato
My Cannon scanner works in XP and Vista x86 & x64 but only in x86 Win 7 not Win 7 x64 !! :mad:

With regards to Canon drivers, they are apparently working on X64 drivers for Windows 7. I contacted them last week about my Laser printer and they confirmed the driver should be ready by the end of March.

I think they were pretty much caught with their pants down when it comes to driver releases for decent hardware that people don't want to chuck just yet ;)

Associate
To quote Ira Gershwin it aint necessarily so

Which scanner is it?

A friend gave me his Canoscan LiDe 35 because he couldn't get it working on Vista x64. But i found a way and its now also working perfectly on Win 7 x64 :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Which scanner is it?

A friend gave me his Canoscan LiDe 35 because he couldn't get it working on Vista x64. But i found a way and its now also working perfectly on Win 7 x64 :p

Same scanner mate.

How did you do it ?

I'm using it on my laptop at mo (x86) but would like to use on main machine as well.

Soldato
With regards to Canon drivers, they are apparently working on X64 drivers for Windows 7. I contacted them last week about my Laser printer and they confirmed the driver should be ready by the end of March.

I think they were pretty much caught with their pants down when it comes to driver releases for decent hardware that people don't want to chuck just yet ;)

This is not happening :

Sent an email to them asking for drivers as was told this :

Thank you for contacting Canon Support. Your reference/ticket number is 906597. We are sorry to hear about the problems you are having with your Canon product.

Please be advised that your product is not compatible with any 64-bit operating system including Windows 7 meaning that there is no driver to make it work on such OS.

Please use the device with a compatible OS or purchase a new device compatible with your actual operating system.

Pretty poor games in this day when 64 bit is becoming much more popular.

Back
Top Bottom