P55 Extreme Overclockers: Check your sockets!

Associate
Hi, i read an article about brands on intel P55 Mobos-http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.aspx?i=3661 since then i've written to my supplier to ask about mine. My specs are ASRock P55 Pro/i5 750 LGA1156/ATI Radeon Vapour-x HD5770 1GB GDDR5/Corsair XMS2X2GB DD3 1333Mhz. The info is alarming,i've postponed overclocking for now, do you advice i carry on, what are my options, i feel sick! You need to read the article to see what i mean.:confused::(:mad:

Soldato
The info is alarming,i've postponed overclocking for now, do you advice i carry on, what are my options, i feel sick! You need to read the article to see what i mean.:confused::(:mad:

This is old news as RJC pointed out, you'll be fine overclocking providing you're not shoving massive voltages through your cpu.

I seem to remember the ones failing were putting insane voltages through their chips 1.6v+ and obviously using extreme cooling LN2 etc.

For what is now a pretty much standard 4GHz overclock you shouldn't need anymore than about 1.4v, which will be fine.

Back
Top Bottom