Which Home Cinema System

Associate
hi there lads i have been putting off buying home cinema for a while now as tbh i dont no a lot about it and not so struck on roughting the cables around my living room not knowing if it would look awful with cables running up the walls to the speakers or along the floor etc.

Just wanted your advice on a couple of things:

what is the differnce between 5.1 and 7.1 ... as far as i am aware its just the num of speakers ...i think

if choosing a wired kit will roughting the cables be noticable eg up walls and along wooden flours, or would wireless be an option ... wondered if you new a price difference between them

what make is acutally the best have seen a lot of samsung which is generally my brand for everything tvs monitors etc a couple of them have caught my eye

and 1 last thing are home cinema systems avaliable from oc?

Many thanks for your time and your responses are greatly appriciated

Associate
Have you got a budget in mind?

Do you want an all-in-one system or are you going down the receiver/speaker route?

and Yes, 5.1 has 5 speakers and one sub, 7.1 has 7 speakers and one sub.

Soldato
With a 5.1 system there are only 2 effects speakers, so that reduces the visible cabling (as the front 3 speakers are really no different to any other hifi system, and should normally be fairly close to the amplifier etc.

I did a little diy when I installed me, and took the cables up the wall in a discrete location, and then made a few holes in the ceiling, and fished the cable through, so that there is no visible cable crossing the floor, and as I have my rears fairly high up (like they do in many cinemas anyway) the cable is very unobtrusive.

Wireless is no option really, as then you need powered rears, so each rear still gets a cable, it just goes to the mains socket rather than the amplifier. Really a little DIY and concealing the cables properly is a much better option. Its very easy to hide cables behind plasterboard walls and ceilings (unless you have a patterned artex ceiling)

Associate
OP
thanks a lot for the replys and on a budget not looking to go to crazy around 200-250 and looking at just buying a complete system

Back
Top Bottom