Cheapest Laptop For playing CS:S On?

Associate
Hi guys,
I know its a bit of a strange request, and i know it isnt ideal, but i've just been told that i can have a laptop for work. I can order any i want so long as its under £400.
It will be mainly used for updating their website, Word processing and surfing the internet.
But, for some reason ive really had the urge to play Counter Strike Source again. Could i combine the 2? (work and pleasure.) My macbook doesn't run it at all! :(
Will a windows based laptop run it for under £400? if so, which one? or which 'intergrated gfx' should i be looking for?
Thanks

Last edited:
Associate
OP
ya its intel mate, tried to run it through vmware fusion but the game runs awfully :(

2ghz processor.
2gig memory.

Actually, thinking about it i may not have had vmware fusion set up right and the processor and memory was being shared with mac os? hmmmm

Associate
OP
Does bootcamping mean i need to format my hard drive and start again? because the 'bootcamp assistant' is telling me that 'the startup disk must be formatted as a single mac os extended (journaled) volume'. :/ Whatever that means! lol

Associate
Possibly ;) Thank you kind sir. :)

Anyways, with fear of this thread going off topic. Can anyone recommend me a laptop for less than £400 with half decent integrated gfx suitable for playing Counter Strike?
One candidate- HP Compaq 615 Laptop is available online for < £400. It has ATI 3200 graphics which isn't great but still far better than the usual intel integrated graphics and should cope with it OK.

Soldato
if your Macbook is one of the older white or black ones with intel graphics CSS will not be playable even with low settings and bootcamp. The new Alu Macbooks are good for CSS because they have ATI graphics.

Just go for a new laptop for CSS

Associate
OP
if your Macbook is one of the older white or black ones with intel graphics CSS will not be playable even with low settings and bootcamp. The new Alu Macbooks are good for CSS because they have ATI graphics.

Just go for a new laptop for CSS

Thanks for that, i do have an older macbook, so i guess playing it on there isnt an option. Do you have any suggestions for <£400 ?

Soldato
Thanks for that, i do have an older macbook, so i guess playing it on there isnt an option. Do you have any suggestions for <£400 ?

How many posts will it take for everyone to get the fact you want a new laptop sub£400 specced? :eek::rolleyes:

Sorry, cant help you out here - know nothing of laptops!

(Will be watching though as this may be useful for me :p)

Cookeh

Back
Top Bottom