Sky Broadband

Soldato
Is anyone else having problems with these in the last month or so?

Ive been with them for about 2 years now and never had a single problem till about a month ago.

Constant disconnections, my connection as come from 12MB down to 3MB so my download speeds have come from 1.2MB to about 230kb.

Been doing a bit of searching tonight and found something on DLM. Though i dont think it is this, but lets say it is, will my connection go back to 12MB after they've done all these silly little tests? Im happy with the 12MB ive had for 2 years with out any disconnections.

Cant play online games without getting disconnected every 5-10 min... HD content is a no no and downloads are pathetically slow compared to what they should be.

Tried unplugging/turning router on off trick which hasn't worked.

Cheers

Associate
if it is the dlm then turning your router on and off won't help at all, as, to them, that will look like you're connection is unstable

mine's been pretty rock solid lately (touchs wood) so all i can suggest is contact sky and get them to look into it

Soldato
DLM reconnects you once a day at most. If you're being DCed every 5-10 minutes, then that's not DLM - it's a problem with your line. That will be what's causing your slow speeds as well.

First thing is to post your router stats. One thing you can also try is plugging the router into the test socket, which in the socket behind the front panel of the BT master socket - this stops your internal house wiring from interfering with the signal. If your connection speed improves in the test socket then your wiring is the issue.

Soldato
OP
Alright guys, cheers for the help.

Downloaded the program. Here is the results if you can make anything out of them:

sdfdfsdfsdf.png

Down speed as gone up a bit and up speed as gone down from yesterday.

Will ring sky when i have time in week just incase.

Back
Top Bottom