2 iPhones & an iPad on one itunes account?

Associate
So after some time away from the iphone trying rival OS's, I've decided that nothing is as smooth or well thought out as the iPhone OS. Even something as simple as scrolling is so much better than the competition. :eek: I also bought Apple TV recently so I will be able to use itunes for all my media. :D

I've got 2 iPhones coming this week for me and the missus. As well as an iPad the end of April (price permitting). Will it be possible to run all these of a single itunes account?

Do I just need to buy an app once to use it on both iPhones and the iPad? What about all the games I'll be buying that the missus won't want on her phone and the shopping apps etc she'll buy that I won't be using? :confused:

Associate
I have a personal iPhone and a work iPhone (don't ask, lol) and I have them both running from the same iTunes account with no problems. If I wanted to install an app I purchased on one phone I would just go to the app store and hit BUY NOW and it would inform me that I have already purchased it and I can download it for free.

Associate
OP
Ahhhh, that's great news! Cheers.

Everytime I sync both phones, will it install all the missus' shopping apps etc and I'll just have to manually delete them from the phone. Can you create a kind of 'app playlist', where I could put all my apps in a 'playlist' and just choose to sync only those apps with my phone?

Soldato
When i built my new rig (sig) and reinstalled everything including iTunes then re-synced my iphone with iTunes i was informed that i have used 1 of 5 devices and have 4 left (words to that effect)

This is a little worrying because i have spent quite a lot on apps like co-pilot and many others and i will be buying the iPad and new iphone this year when released. which will leave me with 2 device installs to cover me for future upgrade and replacements.

Soldato
When i built my new rig (sig) and reinstalled everything including iTunes then re-synced my iphone with iTunes i was informed that i have used 1 of 5 devices and have 4 left (words to that effect)

This is a little worrying because i have spent quite a lot on apps like co-pilot and many others and i will be buying the iPad and new iphone this year when released. which will leave me with 2 device installs to cover me for future upgrade and replacements.

Devices and authorised devices are slightly different, I was reffering to the OP as he wanted to place 1 app on multiple devices (iphone x2 and ipad), to which you can place an app you have purchased on upto 5 more iphones, ipd touch or ipad.

Whereas authorised devices is your itunes library. Im sure you dont have more than 5 computers!!! and if you ever build a new computer just de-authorise your old computer and authorise your new one :)

Problem Solved.

I currently have 3 authorised devices which i can play music on: My laptop, My gaming PC and my work computer.

Soldato
rossk26 - thanks for explaining that to me.

I actually do have more than 5 computers but i only have iTunes on my main rig which i use to synch my iPhone with. So when i upgrade my main rig i just have to de-authorise my old computer and authorise my new one

Thanks for that :)

Back
Top Bottom