LG Cookie (KP500) had one/got one?

Associate
How good is the phone, need an upgrade from my Samsung Z140V.

ive seen reviews saying is actually not that good?

just wanted to know if its reliable for texting and calling and maybe used as a mp3 player. As its the cheapest smart touch phone on the market. :)

Thanks in advance, Rob

Associate
The main problem with the cookie in my opinion is the lack of updates for the software.

The phone does what its meant to, and thats all. Theres no room for any added fun.

daz

daz

Soldato
Almost the worst phone I've had.

Very very very slow. Lots of little bugs. The alarm function seems especially buggy. Can play a few Java games, used to have chess on it though which was alright. It's not a "smart" phone at all though - just ordinary phone features with a touch screen interface to be honest.

Go for a cheap android phone rather than this to be honest.

Associate
Been using it since it came out untill the screen was cracked a week ago by leaving it on my trouser pocket..

Let's start:

The Camera is very bad.
The battery life is bad, I use to charge it every 1-2 days..
The software that came with the phone doesn't work? (not sure if it's fixed now, haven't bothered to try it).

The music player is do-able just about, however it's a pain in the ass, you transfer the music to the phone and it'll take you ages trying to find the song your looking for, to add to your playlist. However you can select through and tick the songs you want for a playlist and it will display album art if the song has it. Your battery life will not last more then 2 days if you use music.

The screen turns off in under 5 seconds to conserve battery life (you can change this to 30 seconds but it only does it for 10 seconds lol)

You can not view the phone in sunlight.

There's a function on the phone if you tilt it, the screen should follow; when viewing pictures or when you want to get the keyboard out. This however is buggy and doesn't always turn on, so you'll be finding yourself tilting the mobile phone aggressively.

The music headphone socket is dodgey, after listening to music for 6 months and taking the headphones out and in (to recharge) the socket get loose meaning if you go jogging it will annoyingly come out of the socket.

The games are a joke.

The phone must be left on for the alarm clock to work.
You cannot use a screen protector as this effects the sensitivity of the
touch screen.

the touch screen itself is slightly below average, you can use the calibration software to make it slightly better, I've had 2 of the lg cookies and the other one has a problem scrolling.

The widgets on the phone are OK, but very basic.

The texting is OK but needs a lot of training the buttons are so small on the qwerty keyboard you need to train yourself but re-typing sentances is pretty common with the cookie so don't be suprised there, texting feels like a chore on this phone.

The phone calls are fine, and it has a loudspeaker.

Overall I give this phone a 1/10 rating, do not buy this phone please unless you don't care about the above.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Haha, really that bad? ill pass and get a normal candy bar phone they seem to last the longest, im not really looking for a high priced phone due to my last (Sony Ericsson W580i) i got it brand new just as it came out £130! i thought it was worth it until 3 months later bang the screen is broke :( got it repaired then 2 weeks later it happened again but i was going to pay £40 just to get it fixed.

So, now ive head how bad it is i think i wont buy one ;p any suggestions? on a cheap decent phone?

Thanks, Rob

Soldato
Yeah i have it and i would recommend NOT buying it. I prefer using my 3 year old K810i, where the joystick is starting to go, over it. I'll getting the E63 for my next phone.

Associate
My 11 year old daughter wants one for her birthday, I guess it would be a good idea to persuade her to get something else. To be fair I think she only wants it cos it's got a touchscreen and they do it in pink.
Any alternatives for £80 or less?

Associate
OP
My 11 year old daughter wants one for her birthday, I guess it would be a good idea to persuade her to get something else. To be fair I think she only wants it cos it's got a touchscreen and they do it in pink.
Any alternatives for £80 or less?

Your better off going instore and asking, they could have a instore only deal.
hope this helps, Rob

Back
Top Bottom