Zelda Twilight Princess - Why does it not resume where I last saved?

Soldato
Hi,

Dusted off my wii after 3 years and wanted to play zelda, but I play for an hour save the game and when I cam to play it later it puts me at the start of the level again :mad: I'm in the Goron Mines and I saved it right near the end of the mines as I went to bed and turned it on this morning and I'm right at the start again :/

Any idea's or is it just a case of consoles not being able to save the game properly and rely on gay checkpoints.

Caporegime
Is that a dungeon? Zelda games always save you at the last door you went through. If you're in a dungeon, that means the front door. You should find the path pretty clear though as it will save completed puzzles, keys found and used, etc.

Soldato
OP
Is that a dungeon? Zelda games always save you at the last door you went through. If you're in a dungeon, that means the front door. You should find the path pretty clear though as it will save completed puzzles, keys found and used, etc.

Yeh I think I'm in a dungeon, I just wish that was explained to me before I turned it off last night lol, I would have left the wii on overnight!

I got some little chicken thing that says he can teleport me and get me back in, dunno what the point of him is...

Never played zelda or much consoling before... I guess to night I will be forced to pull an all nighter to get past this annoyance.

Soldato
Whenever you solve a puzzle or open a chest and get that fanfare noise, it means that the game will save the fact that you've achieved that. All of the dungeons have points at which you'll open a 'path' from the entrance room to the point you're at. When you open that path, if you save and reload, you'll start in the first entrance room but the path will be there to get you straight back to where you were if you see what i mean.

Soldato
My god oxy you've missed out! This is one of the classic features of Zelda... (and the soul reason iv never finished ocarina of time as i thought i broke the water temple when i was about 10 and never got round to replaying it....)

Soldato
Mario 64, zelda- the mask of majora (kind of a sequel to OoT but a darker story), Starfox 64, paper mario (although super paper mario for the wii is probably an improvement) - heck there's loads that are worth getting for that retro 64 vibe :)
Then there's all the original mario games from the NES, and stuff like a boy and his blob.
That damn VC channel is easy to spend money on lol

This site http://www.nintendolife.com/ reviews all of the wiiware, VC games, and it's independant so usually the reviews are good, but the odd couple can seem a bit fanboyish - only the odd couple though, not so many as to put people off of the majority of reviews.

Last edited:

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Really should get round to finishing TP...

I've got a save file I started at release (got it on Gamecube), and i've played about a dungeon a year on it... can't even remember where I am... i'd done that one where you get the boots to walk up walls, and I think I was in some kind of dungeon in a lake... but I could just be making it all up :o

Only Zelda i've not got round to finishing...

Last edited:
Soldato
yeh it is good, I am trying to complete it before my xbox turns up, don't think it's going to happen lol...

Can OoT be played on wii?

It's also available on the one of the Windwalker gamecube packs. I think there might be a Majora's masks game in the pack too(?). Again you will need a Gamecube controller.

Back
Top Bottom