DICE's problem fix to EA's mess

Soldato
EDIT: thread header is wrong, this is DICE's problem sorry.

Looks like DICE are stopping any1 from setting up a new server in order to stop people disconnecting or am i reading this wrong?:

Quote from Bazajaytee:

As you are aware from discussions on the forums, we have been having server load issues over the past few days which has affected game performance and even game stability for some players. As part of reducing server load we asked all our server hosts to shut down the EA Public servers while we work at optimizing the server browser in game to handle the large amounts of servers. Also as part of this server load cut backs, we have requested that the server providers do not put up anymore clan/rented servers either. This decision was made to reduce the impact on you guys when you are in game from affects such as slow server browser refresh, inaccurate server information refreshing and some of the other issues you have been seeing.

The server hosts can still take your orders and answer your questions but until we have made changes to keep server load down they won't be able to fill your order and put up your servers.

So you all don't worry about whether this means you can't get into a server be assured, there is enough server capacity to allow everyone to get into a server and play. It might not be your favourite server or server provider but you can still get in there and get dogtags from someone new.
Thanks for your patience and we hope to allow the hosts to put up servers again for you all as soon as possible.

Soldato
Why during beta was:

1. The reports of the slow server browser not looked at? I reported it at least twice and several others mentioned it on just about every forum I was in during that month.

2. Punkbuster never enabled on servers? This was also pointed out during the beta CONSTANTLY by people taking part - it's not a proper test if you leave certain elements turned off.

3. Meh.

Man of Honour
The large amount of pre orders, beta participants and the fact that the beta had the same server problems should have been warning enough.

But there were lots of things in the beta that a lot of people wanted changing or adding, in the end the beta did very little to get a solid product onto people's PC's.

Glad I cancelled my per order, I will wait for at least a couple of patches before I even consider buying it.

This is from a someone who's second most played game ever was BF2.

Caporegime
Ooh, glad I saw this now. My finger was hovering over the Buy button in Steam but I thought I would check on here to see what the oracles had to say. :D Will hold off for some patching, then.

Soldato
OP
The longer you wait the more you'll be gutted when you get it. I personally have had no problems with disconnects bar when EA server went down.

It takes a while to rank up and unlock the guns, sooner you start the better.

Back
Top Bottom