Some Gears Of War screenshots...

Associate
I'm sure you all know what a fanboy I am of this game so in anticipation of Gears3 soon ;) I though i'd post some screenies. Feel free to add your own :)

4417449016_2996681cf1_o.jpg

4417437180_a9d8d27618_o.jpg

4416683767_93b43d8d0b_o.jpg

Soldato
Has there been any announcements of Gears 3 yet? Popped onto the official forum but havent seen much. it'l certainly be on my pre order list :D

Never did manage the last 2 achievements on Gears 2.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Well,

early thoughts were not until next gen but I really can't see that happening. Recent rumour mill suggests it'll be out by this xmas. Will just have to wait and see I suppose.

I'm not far off seriously 2.0 but your last one wil take me another 6 months unless there's more dbl xp sire fests planned.

Permabanned
As much as I hope they'll actually do something innovative and original this time, I know it's just gonna be another load of repetitive levels with the same enemies and a few gimmicky vehicle sequences every now and then.

Gears 2 was shockingly bad. Especially the storyline and end boss. Left me feeling completely cheated. And the multiplayer is hands down the worst multiplayer I have ever played. It actually makes MW2 look good.

Permabanned
It's been a while since I played it, but from what I recall the storyline went something like this:

Went down some hole to rescue some guys stupid bitch girlfriend that I don't give a **** about, then went to fight the queen but she runs away, so we fight some random monster that has nothing to do with anything.

Soldato
Who bets they are going to bugger up the MP again? :p

Not played it in ages so I can't comment how it is now, but at launch it was a complete joke. There was lag in every game, it was so bad that when I entered a chainsaw duel it was already over before it gave me a chance to mash B and as usual nobody but the host had any kills because it was impossible to kill him with anything other then a chainsaw or some kind of explosive because of the lag.

Matchmaking was terrible as well, it took forever to find a game unless we went in as a full team. It was a shame as well since I was really looking forward to Gears of War 2, I can't say the same for number 3 though. I will probably pick it up for <£15 just to finish the story even though it isn't that great.

Soldato
Gears 2 is still a laggy piece of crap online.This is despite 5 updates for the game.
I have some friends who still play,despite moaning about it every time they do.I have a go on it every now and then for something different to do.
As like Alrik I was looking forward to gears but online is such a letdown.
Epic really need to sort out the online aspect for gears 3.Otherwise i'll buy a second hand copy for the single plater campaign.

Associate
OP
it's unfair to blame any one game for the matchmaking system ms chose for live. As long as the host is on the same continent to you it's fine, even when it's hosted stateside it's better than it was and only when you play someone with an awful connection is there problems.

unless of course your own connection bites :p

Soldato
It's been a while since I played it, but from what I recall the storyline went something like this:

Went down some hole to rescue some guys stupid bitch girlfriend that I don't give a **** about, then went to fight the queen but she runs away, so we fight some random monster that has nothing to do with anything.

Oh come on, What games do you like. I'm pretty sure most games can be summed up like you just did if you were being that cynical in the first place :D

Gears of war 2's only downfall was the bad multiplayer problems. The story was pretty good for an action game, and like most games that are part of a series, The story is only part of a complete picture. I mean you missed out a bunch of story plot points, maybe for the sake of spoilers, that are pretty damn important to the series as a whole.

Soldato
it's unfair to blame any one game for the matchmaking system ms chose for live.
The system that gears 2 uses is rubbish.When I play something like MW2 i'm always in a game with people from the uk or europe at least.
Gears 2 has a habit of putting you americans.Or seemingly choosing whoever has the worst connection to be host.

Associate
OP
The system that gears 2 uses is rubbish.When I play something like MW2 i'm always in a game with people from the uk or europe at least.
Gears 2 has a habit of putting you americans.Or seemingly choosing whoever has the worst connection to be host.

I find it does this one in 15 games on average - higher or lower depending on what time of day you game.

Even when I play someone stateside it's sometimes playable AS long as they have a reasonable connection ( mine is OK). Bear in mind though that I'm playing a lot of horde atm so small lag is fine, obviously in a match this would represent a problem.

It's easily sorted though surely? Rotating Host? Averaged pinged host? localisation (I don't like this) - PC version with servers....

Soldato
Gears 2 private matches were fine, we could easily play 10 people with zero lag, but try playing ranked matches and it lagged to hell, I don't understand either since Halo 3 & MW2 are atleast playable and they have 6-8 more players in the game and there is a lot more going on too at a much faster pace.

If it would have just given you an option to search for people more local and not shove you into a match with some 12 year old american who thinks he is the **** because he has such a huge host advantage.

Soldato
The host selection and region filter in gears 2 just seem to be completely rubbish.
I have a decent connection and nobody moans when i'm host but I rarely am and end up stuck in laggy games.
I find it does this one in 15 games on average
Honestly,i'd say 1 in 15 of the games I play AREN'T laggy.The rest are.
I know epic can make decent online games(unreal tournament) so I don't know what's gone wrong with gears of war.

Back
Top Bottom