Increased delivery costs

Permabanned
Over the years I have bought 1000's of pounds worth of gear from OCuk

But sadly no more shall I do that , since they moved from citylink(who messed
up none of the deliveries I ever had) I cant do it anymore.

See I live in NI (which might as well be outer mongolia as far as delivery is concerned)
DHL were really late with deliveries and DpD are late with delivery and also
charge urine extracting prices, its already cost OCuk more than a grand in lost trade

Sad really because I do want to buy of OCuk :(

Associate
OP
I have just shipped a Laptop as a gift to my Friend in Gib. Cost me £14 with RoyalMail. :S

How can they charge you £14 pounds with royalmail for a laptop and for a headset they are charging me 35 pounds if i decide to use that service and 31 pounds with DHL? Certainly questionable .

Associate
if you want to know who is to blame:

approximate the size and weight of your order (easy) and get some quotes directly. For an even fairer comparison if you know of anyone UK or gib side that ships a fair volume through their courier (hence better terms) ask them to run the same quote.

Alternatively see what a non tech firm would charge for delivering something of comparable size and weight - preferably some industry with high profit margins as there less likely to subsidise product profit margins via other means. Costs ARE rocketing and the the state of the pound isn't helping matters.

If I was still in retail I'd have happily done this for you.

Back
Top Bottom