OcUK Alienware AW2310

Soldato
I know the Acer GD245HQ is of similar spec, but it does have slight differences and in my oppinion warrants its own thread (I guess some might not think so).
Hopefully someone with one can pass on their verdict :D.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-044-DE

For some reason there is a lack of reviews on this product and I hate buying anything without knowing how good it is. :/

Any information on this is appreciated.

Soldato
Here is a comparison guide.

Here is one guys review of the alienware.

In my opinion, the Acer seems to do the job if you are wanting a 1080p 120Hz screen. As for the Alienware - £430+ is far to much to pay for a TN, even if it is shiny.

Soldato
have you seen the alienware usb port locations? they are really not practically useful they are on the underside next to the power inlet and DVI ports!
less it looks like a nice monitor but i'd get the Acer and an ergotron stand that is just as adjustable

Soldato
Alienware has and always will be a premium brand (in terms of price). Samsung and ViewSonic are likely to launch (infact in ViewSonic's case are launching) new 120Hz screens that are aimed at the mainstream sector. I think 120Hz will become a desirable standard (slowly) this year and come next year LED backlights and 120Hz may well be found on most models.

Soldato
OP
Only thing thats concerning me is the input lag, ive yet to see a decent review with this test done. I've only read people stating that it's low :(

This would be an upgrade to my 226bw, which has been and still is an awesome screen.

Associate
Only thing thats concerning me is the input lag, ive yet to see a decent review with this test done. I've only read people stating that it's low :(

This would be an upgrade to my 226bw, which has been and still is an awesome screen.

I think digitalversus do it...this is an example on Iiyama B27.

http://www.digitalversus.com/article-357-7265-50.html said:
as it has an input lag that's hardly more than one frame

I know also that the Acer 120hz says similar (like under one frame).

Soldato

Tbh the very fact that its 120hz would make it a massive upgrade from your 226bw unless the input lag was catastrophic, which seems highly unlikely.

Back
Top Bottom