New to watercooling question.

Soldato
The H50 is not watercooling in the traditional sense of the word, as in there's no selection of multiple components followed by plumbing them together. It's an all-in-one unit, so will install in exactly the same way as an air cooler.

I suggest leak testing, i.e. running the pump with the computer off / outside the case for 24 hours before using it, but I don't doubt that the majority of H50 users don't bother. Only a few of them had their computers destroyed by leaks.

Associate
OP
Thanks guys, great link and advise. I was worried that i might need other equiment to get this running.

On watching the video i will have to use the exhaust fan on my eclipse for the intake to cool the H50, if i reverse the intake fan on my eclipse

so that it takes the warm air out the front, will it be sufficient to keep the other components cool whilst using the H50 as an intake? (i have two 120mm amber akasa for cooling atm)

Don't want to be modding my case to make another exhaust fan.

Soldato
Do you have a graphics card that exhausts out of the case, or one which blows hot air around the inside of the case? Does your psu have a big fan on the base, or a small one on the side opposite the power cable?

Associate
Be careful though, the H50 might leave you wanting more, after you get a taste for liquid cooling.

I managed to sell mine second-hand 2 days ago, having upgraded after 2-3 weeks of usage. :)

Associate
OP
Do you have a graphics card that exhausts out of the case, or one which blows hot air around the inside of the case? Does your psu have a big fan on the base, or a small one on the side opposite the power cable?

My gpu is an Ati 4890 and just blows hot air inside the case, my cpu has an artic pro7 which also just blows hot air into the case, im a bit worried that no real

cool air will be brought in when using the H50s fan as any cool air it brings in will be cooling the rad before entering the case. I have an 120mm intake fan on

the front of my case and a 120mm exshaust fan on the back (which will be made redundent when using the H50.
Be careful though, the H50 might leave you wanting more, after you get a taste for liquid cooling.

I managed to sell mine second-hand 2 days ago, having upgraded after 2-3 weeks of usage. :)

Lol Strawberry, im new to this side off things (ie overclocking etc) boosting my e6600 to 3ghz was a task in itself for me. What setup/rig do you have now?

Soldato
And your power supply?

Tricky. Simplest is to put the H50 over the 120mm exhaust and have it blowing air out, keep the front fan as an intake. This will be good for your graphics card temperatures, not great for cpu temperatures (though still better than current).

Otherwise you can try having both the front fan and the h50 fan as intakes and remove a couple of pci slot covers below the graphics card to encourage air to leave that way. This latter, possibly with a pci slot fan, is the approach I'd take.

Associate
Lol Strawberry, im new to this side off things (ie overclocking etc) boosting my e6600 to 3ghz was a task in itself for me. What setup/rig do you have now?

It's in my sig. Basically Q9550 @ 4.0 + HD4890 @ 1.0. I did use the Corsair H50 but I wanted a full setup including a GFX card block for looks/bragging rights/power. (Link http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/6135/siggyj.png if you have signatures disabled, will need black background though)

Associate
OP
My psu JonJ (corsair 620) blows air out the back off the case. I'm thinking of going with your second suggestion. My case has a honeycomb cut-out area of about 45mm by 100mm (this is to the side of the pci slots) with the honeycomb

cut-outs being about 8mm across, combined with a pci fan this might keep it cool enough and if not i suppose i could make a hole in the perspex side and install an exhaust fan on there.

Strawberry i just noticed your sig after my last post, very nice btw. Its BFBC2 that has me upgrading and i want to get the best bang for buck as they say, so thats why im thinking of this water-cooled psu (4ghz oc) instead of the

air-cooled one (3.6ghz oc). I know you guys could get more out of this cpu on air but i don't know enough or have the confidence to mess with new gear so i'm letting overclockers do it for me.

Appreciate your help.

Soldato
It's in my sig. Basically Q9550 @ 4.0 + HD4890 @ 1.0. I did use the Corsair H50 but I wanted a full setup including a GFX card block for looks/bragging rights/power. (Link http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/6135/siggyj.png if you have signatures disabled, will need black background though)

Speaking of your sig, I hate to be the one to point it out, but.. linky before a mod thoughtfully deletes it all making you write it all out again in fewer lines :o

Associate
A signature may contain one or more images but they must fit within a box with maximum dimensions of 400 x 75 pixels (width x height) and with a maximum (combined) file size of 20k.

I made the pic an image so I could fit more than 4 lines of text into it, originally I did it using very small text with a small font (this was also smaller), but a mod deleted it so I replaced it by a slightly larger image that fell within the guidelines.

Edit: Grr deleted, will PM a mod asking about this.

Back
Top Bottom