transformers 2...worst film of the year?

Caporegime
i dont think so! i quite enjoyed it actually.. it wasnt as good as the first and it wasnt the best film of the year...

but for a no brainer action film - it pretty much delivered. i prefered transformers 1 but that doesnt mean that the 2nd was without merit.

i didnt pay expecting a deep or life changing experience just more junk food for my brain to feast upon. and thats what i got!

and with films like All About Steve reviewing at like 6% how come that didnt come out worse?!

Soldato
Just because I enjoyed this doesn't make it a good movie though :p
Well, then what would you possibly describe as a 'good movie', if not a movie that you enjoyed? :p

The problem with the phrase 'good movie' is that it's so ambiguous. To me, if I enjoy a film, it's good as I base how good it is on nothing more than how much I enjoy it.

Soldato
It was the most disappointing film of the year, for sure. It felt like a parody of the first film, everything was just turned up to 11 and the quickly edited action sequences just didn't work.

It sucked, hard. So much so I haven't watched it again since the premiere.

Permabanned
This is the only film i have ever fell asleep watching at the cinema and i love Transformers 1. :( it was such a let down.

Associate
Does exactly what says on the tin, or in this case, trailer. Big robots, good looking girl, lots of explosions. If you go in expecting a plot you are watching the wrong movie, ticks all the action flick boxes, just an incredibley loose story with plot holes.

Caporegime
Well, then what would you possibly describe as a 'good movie', if not a movie that you enjoyed? :p

The problem with the phrase 'good movie' is that it's so ambiguous. To me, if I enjoy a film, it's good as I base how good it is on nothing more than how much I enjoy it.

I enjoy lots of films without thinking they're good movies, I don't enjoy some movies but think they're still good.

Hmm.

Associate
Made little sense and was way too damn long.

I love Transformers, (a youth thing) and liked the first movie, but by the end of this one i had just seen too much. It shouldn't be possible to get bored while watching giant killer robots smack each other around!

Soldato
I thought it was bad, but not that bad, I watched it for Megan Fox, though at many times she felt completely pointless, only in so there's a hottie in the film to look at, well it worked, I watched the film for her :p.

Soldato
It just dragged on and on and on. It was poor compared to the first. Too many transformers that we hardly got a good view of, and two lame rapping robots (wtf). I only tried to re-watch the blu-ray version a week ago and just switched off at the Witwicky goes to University bits.

Felt like a popcorn movie for teenyboppers who have to see the latest 'action' film despite it being poor. The first film was actually rather good despite my doubts about it.

Back
Top Bottom