What colour would you like your new car in, sir? White Gold please....

Caporegime
This is what you call gold plated:

goldplatedporsche9961.jpg

russiangoldporsche.jpg

gold-plated-porsche-2.jpg

Associate
You can't accelerate faster than gravity if gravity is the only thing holding you to the road unless you have massive amounts of downforce or a coefficient of friction greater than one.

So the theoretical maximum time to 60 is (even with infinite power, the best tyres, 4wd etc) is:

60mph = 26.64m/s g=9.81m/s/s hence 2.71s

And the little bit of leeway (take Bugatti Veyron) is achieved with downforce + if your tyres leave rubber on the tarmac it is possible to have a coefficient of friction greater than one (it becomes like glue)

But 2s? No way

I find this hard to believe.

If a car is limited by its traction from the line, theoretically, and obviously ignoring the extra power required, we could increase the weight of the car over the driven wheels. This would increase traction to allow a greater power and faster acceleration. Therefore if power were infinite, if we want to go faster we simply add weight to give more grip, and increase the power accordingly.

The limitation is the power, nothing to do with the gravitational force as this can be manipulated simply by adding more weight.

Soldato

If a car is limited by its traction from the line, theoretically, and obviously ignoring the extra power required, we could increase the weight of the car over the driven wheels. This would increase traction to allow a greater power and faster acceleration. Therefore if power were infinite, if we want to go faster we simply add weight to give more grip, and increase the power accordingly.

The limitation is the power, nothing to do with the gravitational force as this can be manipulated simply by adding more weight.
The bold bit might be a problem, more weight requires more power to offset that weight and I'll wager there's a pretty linear relationship between the two.
The equation for Frictive force is F = μN. μ being the coefficient of friction, N being the normal force, in the case of a car flat on the earth N will be mg, mass times gravitational acceleration. Using that with Newtons 2nd law of motion you get a = μg. So if you can't get a coefficient of friction between the tires and the ground greater than 1 then g is the limit of acceleration, I've no idea on this point though.

Caporegime
The bold bit might be a problem, more weight requires more power to offset that weight and I'll wager there's a pretty linear relationship between the two.
The equation for Frictive force is F = μN. μ being the coefficient of friction, N being the normal force, in the case of a car flat on the earth N will be mg, mass times gravitational acceleration. Using that with Newtons 2nd law of motion you get a = μg. So if you can't get a coefficient of friction between the tires and the ground greater than 1 then g is the limit of acceleration, I've no idea on this point though.

:confused::o

Soldato
This is what you call gold plated:

http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/6817/goldplatedporsche9961.jpg[img]

[img]http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/1377/russiangoldporsche.jpg[img]

[img]http://zedomax.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/gold-plated-porsche-2.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

Urgh, just because you can - Doesn't mean you should...

Soldato
lol arabs.

I get those sorts of emails too. If that was really a quad turbo V10 with 1600 bhp then I want real evidence, considering the trouble Bugatti went through to get a reliable 1001bhp from their engine.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Where the radiator and front crossmembers are? You seriously believe it's plausible that this car has a quad turbo V10 in it?

Yes, after removing the huge intake, custom fabricate a radiator, build a new subframe and move the whole engine forward, heck even shrinking down the silencers which are huge would give you loads of space.

Like i stated before, the fact it could possibly have a quad turbo V10 is the most plausable out of all the information stated by the OP, afterall Dubai is the place that gave us the SLR engined SLK.

Caporegime
OP
and you cant mold gold into that sort of shape or finish either. its vinyl.
Whilst I fully agree it's not going to be white gold, and will be from foilacar.com (i.e. 'foil' wrap) you really are talking out of your backside if you think you can't get Gold to "mold" into the shape of a body panel. For a start, it would be plated anyway by means of electrolysis, and White Gold is, well, White Gold. It's an alloy of Gold and Nickel (most commonly.)

Associate
So how do Top-Fuel dragsters manage 0-100mph in less than a second? Genuine question. I can't even begin to read your equation :)

Well if you read the wiki article someone posted earlier it says what I said about 'sticky' tyres. If the tyres are sticky, like glue, they will have a coefficient of friction greater than one. Those tyres literally last about one run though don't they? But road tyres, if you want them to last any time at all, I can assure you on a road car the coefficient won't be greater than one.

Associate

That cancels itself out because more weight requires more power.

Soldato
I doubt it can put down enough rubber to make 62 in two seconds.

Bugger to keep clean I reckon!

Not only does it have enough rubber.
But its impossible to change gears fast enough to hit 60 in 2 secs.
If you started in gear 2, or 3, then its still impossible to get to 60 in 2secs.
Im calling bs on that one :D

Soldato
Not only does it have enough rubber.
But its impossible to change gears fast enough to hit 60 in 2 secs.
If you started in gear 2, or 3, then its still impossible to get to 60 in 2secs.
Im calling bs on that one :D

It has an automatic gear box. If it could do 60 in 2 seconds, it could shift fast enough.

Back
Top Bottom