Stuttering on Bad Company 2

Associate
OP
ok well what you do it goto start, all programs! then look for rivatuner but dont click to start that, and at the top there is D3D Overrider, start it then use the global settings, force tripple buffering on and v-sync, good luck and let me know if it worked!

Btw, do I just run the programme, and then I can start the game, or do I have to add it to a game if you know what I mean?

Associate
Ahh, ok thanks :) Just to make sure, is this right? This is where I added it on the shortcut;

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe" -applaunch 24960 +fullproc

yeah should be, if this doesn't work, try creating a desktop shortcut to it manually (aka right click desktop, create shortcut, locate bad company 2.exe then adding the +fullproc after

Last edited:
Associate
OP
yeah should be, if this doesn't work, try creating a desktop shortcut to it manually (aka right click desktop, create shortcut, locate bad company 2.exe then adding the +fullproc after

Ok, I tried it via right clicking on steam and making a shortcut there, but it didnt really do anything. Stutter was still there. Making a shortcut your way, is it the same way I did it by making a desktop shorcut by right clicking the game on steam?

Associate
Ok, I tried it via right clicking on steam and making a shortcut there, but it didnt really do anything. Stutter was still there. Making a shortcut your way, is it the same way I did it by making a desktop shorcut by right clicking the game on steam?

yeah more or less, don't know what else to suggest, I think some people have posted in the official bad company forums with this issue aswell

Associate
Dice have confirmed the fullproc command no longer works (ie. has no effect)

I would suggest turning down your settings to 1680 x 1050 or turn down your textures from high to medium JUST TO SEE if you still get the same stuttering. If you dont, you are simply using too high settings for your computer to handle/ needs tweaking.

I would also suggest turning down dxversion=auto to dxversion=9 as this will provide further performance boosts.

Associate
OP
Hi, changing settings has no effect, even with no AF OR AA... And as I said, if my bro's pc can handle this fine, even tho he is on a smaller res, he still had 4x more AA than me and it runs very smooth on his. When I am getting 60-70 fps in places, its just stuttery as hell, so it cannot by my system. I also seen a big thread of the offical EA forums regarding, so glad to see im not the only one. If i was getting say 10-25 fps standard, then yeh, def my PC. But when im getting high frame rates it really is just stupid...

Last edited:
Soldato
Of course it can be your system, there's no telling what extra gremlins you've got running in the background that your brother hasn't! Full virus/spyware checks free? :)

jij

jij

Associate
I get the same stuttering problem at 1920x1200. Doesn't matter if you turn down the AA or detail. But it's fine on lower res of 1680x1050 or something. Must be a tweaking issue. I can run Crysis at 1920x1200 ok, so I don't see what this game falls down.

I'll try the RenderAheadLimit=0 this evening.

jij

jij

Associate
Try overclocking your cpu a little less.

I get stutter @ 3.6ghz, but none at 3.2ghz

Oh right. I'll try that. thanks
Read so many things about this, there doesn't seem to a definitive answer so far:

1) Turn off HBAO
2) Set RenderAhead to 0 instead of 2
3) Leave buffering to double, not triple.

All of which have been reported to sort out the problem. Must be a weird one.

Associate
OP
Guys, it is not my system... I am getting HIGH FPS, and ofcourse I have nothing running in the background, I always scan my pc etc... All the obvious things I do. I even run game booster... Also, turning the RES down DOES not help in my situation.. Still the stutturing is there. This is def a issue, just check the offical EA forum, many other people have the same issue. It will surley be fixed soon enough tho. I remember when BF2 was released, the performance issues at the start lol. The good old days :p.

Soldato
If the game has the option, stuttering with high fps can be helped with turning v-sync on.
I do not own BC2 nor does this work with every game, but it can, it's usually in most video/gfx options page.

Can you eloborate a bit more for me?

How often?
For how long?
Locking up a frame completly or a low drop in fps then return to high, like a s syruppy feel?

Associate
OP
If the game has the option, stuttering with high fps can be helped with turning v-sync on.
I do not own BC2 nor does this work with every game, but it can, it's usually in most video/gfx options page.

Can you eloborate a bit more for me?

How often?
For how long?
Locking up a frame completly or a low drop in fps then return to high, like a s syruppy feel?

I will try v-sync again, for some reason, enabling v-sync in game does not work, but it does when I force it via nvidia control panel. Also, the stuttering starts as soon as I'm in a game. The fps is nice and stable, it only goes low when big explosions are happening and smokes grenades are about etc... But it is pretty stabe all the time.

Just tried v-sync and still no use ;(

Last edited:
Soldato
Ahh, ok thanks :) Just to make sure, is this right? This is where I added it on the shortcut;

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe" -applaunch 24960 +fullproc

In Steam got to my games, then right click BC2 and got to launch options, put +fullproc in the launch options box which appears, otherwise you're just launching Steam with +fullproc.

Back
Top Bottom