The Great Big OCUK Blood Drive \o/

Associate
As soon as the next session starts near me I will be, trouble is round here they're always on when I'm working. Haven't given blood yet but have started the registration for giving blood, just need to attend a session now.

Caporegime
I'd try using the link in the OP to investigate. I'm sure there is a point of enquiry :)

I think these parts stop me:

"You're currently taking antibiotics or you have just finished a course within the last seven days or have had any infection in that last two weeks."

"You have received blood or think you may have received blood during the course of any medical treatment or procedure anywhere in the world since 1st January 1980."

I've been taking an Anti-Biotic for the past 4 years or so for Acne (If not more) :p

And, I had a blood transfusion (I believe it was that?) as I lost a good couple of pints of blood a few years ago...

Sucky :(

Man of Honour
OP
I have thought about it but i never seem to get the time to go down and take a proper look into it due to work / babysitting my sister

Then make today be the day when you take active steps to do something about it :)

Still waiting for someone to step forward and say they signed up! Come on chaps :)

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I donated once about 10 years ago. It made me feel sick and giddy and I was put off completely. Now my workplace has a regular donation session and I'm a bit heavier I'm going to give it a go again. Will have a large pile of snacks ready for afterwards :D

Soldato
I've a strong suspicion I know why many of the people on here don't give blood.
I remember vaguely a question on the little form "Have you had any unprotected gay sex in the past 2 years" or something like that :D

Associate
I've never given blood before, just something I've meant to do and not gotten round too.

So for todays good dead of the day I've booked an appointment on the 18th April at East Midlands Designer outlet for 11.30. Hopefully there will be some pretty nurses to look after me for a change.

Soldato
I will make an appointment tonight and i'll ask one of my mates if he'll come too! So that'll (hopefully) be two for me!! :D

However, last time i ended up with a 10 cm x 5 cm bruise on my arm where i had the needle put in. It was kinda cool - chicks dig tough guys... :p

Back
Top Bottom