Interviews and shaved hair/head

Associate
For you managerial types out there :) If a young chap came smartly dressed to an interview but had a closely shaven head - say grade 1 or 2 would this seem unprofessional? ...Assuming he carries himself through the interview well.

Of course u cant discriminate, equal opportunites and all that but honestly would it deem less professional over someone without a shaved head?

Random but would like to hear your thoughts :p

Soldato
Would be unfair, since a lot of people with shaved heads have it because of hair loss. Would be interesting to see what people think.

Soldato
People have less trust towards people with bald heads, beards or close eyes. :p Interview wise it shouldn't make too much difference going in with an army style hair cut.

Man of Honour
depends on the job really - customer facing roles in certain markets might frown on it but that would depend more on how you look with a shaved head rather than if its shaved or not.

If it makes you look like a thug then its not going to do you any favours I would say - however if they pass you over purely on that basis then they aren't worth working for.

edit: Pics and we can tell it to you straight :)

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm not sure it's how short the hair is, as how much of a thug the person looks in general. Having closely-shaven hair can make a rough-looking type look even rougher. If, on the other hand, the person is of a mild demeanour and appearance, a shaven heed won't change that.

Also I think it's pretty widely accepted these days that people going bald will often shave their hair close, rather than trying to hide it with a ridiculous combover.

Don
I've had a number 1 for years, never stopped me. As pointed out, a lot of men have shaved heads just because of hair loss so it's no biggy at all.

It's stuff like facial tattoos/pearcings that turn a lot of employers off!

Soldato
I've had a no.1 for a few years now, also wear DMs to work, never had any issues - probably because I wear glasses and look like a geek mind you...

Permabanned
As long as it was tidy I would have an issue with itI'd have more of an issue of a chap with houlder length hair than a closely shaven head

Why?

I've had a number 1 for years, never stopped me. As pointed out, a lot of men have shaved heads just because of hair loss so it's no biggy at all.

It's stuff like facial tattoos/pearcings that turn a lot of employers off!

This.

Caporegime
Depends if you look like a guy with a shaven/very short hair cut or a skin head tbh :p

Same hair do but easy to tell apart :D

Back
Top Bottom