Company Car Thread....

Associate
Guys,

Im tired of my Vectra and it is due to be replaced soon. This time I am willing to put a little money every month towards a car which will be considerably better than the Vectra (although it has served me well..)

Choices i have on the cards are as follows

123d Coupe M-Sport, specced with Leather, SatNav + Bluetooth
320d Saloon M-Sport Business Edition
320d Coupe SE (top of my price range, no options, leather as standard)

So, whats your opinion?

Soldato
There's a voice that keeps on calling me.
1 Series is a non starter for me, I find them a little cheap, the plastics inside are a bit naff and it looks like a 1 series.

320 coupe is by far the best looking 3 series, but the M sport kit does make the saloon look pretty smart, i'd prob go for the 320d m sport.

Any other cars available to you, something like the Merc C250D/220D Sport?

Man of Honour
All 3 of those cars are very good and each has pros and cons.

123d has the best engine. Nav aside, the 320d Coupe has the best spec (Leather and Xenons standard). But the 320d M Sport Saloon is also great.

Drive all 3, pick the one you like best.

Soldato
Interiors don't really bother me so i'd take the 123d on account of the engine.

As Fox said though, drive them all and decide from that.

Associate
OP
Interior is really important in my opinion, must have leather, not ordering a car without it this time. The NAV isnt important but its lots more than that if I have been informed correctly? I dont like the look of the Merc's and Audi's are more expensive on the company car plan than the BMW's....

Caporegime
Guys,

Im tired of my Vectra and it is due to be replaced soon. This time I am willing to put a little money every month towards a car which will be considerably better than the Vectra (although it has served me well..)

Choices i have on the cards are as follows

123d Coupe M-Sport, specced with Leather, SatNav + Bluetooth
320d Saloon M-Sport Business Edition
320d Coupe SE (top of my price range, no options, leather as standard)

So, whats your opinion?

Forgive me if I'm missing something obvious, but if you're allowed to put a bit more money into the scheme and get a better car, why are you allowed no options on the 3 Coupe?

Man of Honour
Forgive me if I'm missing something obvious, but if you're allowed to put a bit more money into the scheme and get a better car, why are you allowed no options on the 3 Coupe?

Probably because its capped at a certain amount - and the Coupe is a couple of thousand quid more list/P11D wise than the saloon (But makes up for it with more standard fit equipment).

Associate
OP
[TW]Fox;16124196 said:
Probably because its capped at a certain amount - and the Coupe is a couple of thousand quid more list/P11D wise than the saloon (But makes up for it with more standard fit equipment).

Its not capped, but I have set myself a limit for car/options so that I dont go overboard.

Man of Honour
i'm confused

this is a thread about company cars but in the openning post you said your putting aside a bit each month to save for a new car ?

huh ? lol

How hard can it be? He is entitled to a company car, but can presumably 'top up' his allowance with his own money in order to get a better car.

Therefore he can probably have, say, a 118d ES as a company car but if he pays £200 (made up for the sake of arguement) of his own money as well, he gets more choice.

Non M Sport BMW's look queer.

Coupe SE's look pretty good.

Caporegime
[TW]Fox;16124268 said:
How hard can it be? He is entitled to a company car, but can presumably 'top up' his allowance with his own money in order to get a better car.

Therefore he can probably have, say, a 118d ES as a company car but if he pays £200 (made up for the sake of arguement) of his own money as well, he gets more choice.

didnt know they'd let you do that

I'm an office monkey with no company car :(

I take it the extra cash goes towards the monthly lease fee then ?

Back
Top Bottom