Same colour on all monitors

Permabanned
hello all.

I need some help

I have 3 24" monitors

All seem to show diffrent colours! And i cant get them to be the same no matter what.

Is there any software or hardware that will calibrate these for me automaticaly to be the same or as close as possible?

I cant spend to much money, I would be greateful if someone would lend me something aswell?

Thanks

Soldato
You will struggle greatly to match the monitors by eye. If you were intent on doing so you would have to adjust the Red, Green and Blue chanels via the OSD to get a consistent colour temp, and adjust the brightness and contrast to get matching luminosity and gamma. Depending on what sort of results you're going to be happy with that's a lot of fussing about for anyone to consider.

Your best bet is using a hardware colorimeter and appropriate software. In an ideal world, using the same target colour temperature, luminosity and gamma would result in any number of displays all looking exactly the same (panel traits aside). Unfortunately it isn't, so they dont. However some software does include the option to colour match between monitors, so it can take the recorded values from one and try and replicate it on the others.

If you are after borrowing a colorimeter there is currently a thread in the Photography section of the forum offering free lease of a Spyder3 device for a period of time (A week I believe). I'm not sure how long the list is but could be worth throwing your name on it anyway :)

Back
Top Bottom