*** R.U.S.E. Public Beta now open on Steam! ***

Soldato
headerbw.jpg

Steam said:
March 9, 2009 — Today, Ubisoft announces that the Public Beta Test for R.U.S.E., a one-of-a-kind real-time strategy (RTS) game developed by Eugen Systems, is now supported through and available for download and installation on Steam. Set to reinvigorate the strategy genre, R.U.S.E. allows players to use their brains as the ultimate weapon to fight a war of perception where the ability to deceive and mislead the enemy determines success.

In the public beta, players will have the opportunity to choose one of the 6 unique factions available in the game (US, UK, GER, USSR, FRANCE, IT) and train themselves against the artificial intelligence on the "Blitz" map before entering the multiplayer challenge.

With 7 multiplayer maps (from 1 vs. 1 to 4 vs. 4...or free for all) players will be able to test their strategist skills against enemies combining up to 10 different ruses to lure their opponents in one of the 3 multiplayer game modes (1939, 1942, 1945).

For more information on this Public Beta content and how to play it, you can visit www.rusegame.com/beta. or www.steamgames.com/RUSEbeta.

From http://store.steampowered.com/news/3574/

Install - http://store.steampowered.com/app/33310/

Soldato
Hmm, I seem to remember playing a beta of this sometime round December. Its a decent enough game like, different enough from other RTS's to keep it interesting.

The Ruses really aren't all that though, yeah, they're another thing to fiddle around with, but its not like in that advert where suddenly you rape someones face off with a massive fleet of hidden stuff. :D

Soldato
My honest assessment of the game from the closed beta... it would be better without the ruses, but I think that might be a hard sell as feedback.

C64

C64

Soldato
Being a huge company of heroes fan can safely say I shall be trying this for sure.Kind of seems like a wwII total war but better.

Soldato
Being a huge company of heroes fan can safely say I shall be trying this for sure.Kind of seems like a wwII total war but better.

Doesnt really look like CoH during the game though, by and large you're playing at the zoomed out level, so most of your units are showing as icons.

Certainly its pretty when you zoom in, but you cant really control the battle from there.

Caporegime
It seems to have bust or been taken offline. I got a Steam message saying "This game can no longer be played for free" and has gone back to Pre-load Complete. :confused:

Caporegime
do i need that big touch table to play the game? if so im backing out of this game. Not spending £10,000 for a piece of hardware i will only use to play the game

Quite obviously not, can you imagine a company making a game that could ONLY be played with a 10k piece of equipment? How would they make a profit?

Associate
The Ruses really aren't all that though, yeah, they're another thing to fiddle around with, but its not like in that advert where suddenly you rape someones face off with a massive fleet of hidden stuff. :D

This ^^ - I like the game, but the ruses are like a minor annoyance to the enemy.. Also - in the beta- the maps seem too small.

Soldato
i have been playing this over the weekend and i am enjoying it so far..

only problem is.. i keep getting pwned!!! :( has anyone got any good base building tips apart from building plenty of supply buildings? and are the 'turrets' really worth it or would i be better using units to defend?

EDIT: add me on steam if you play this: Qlimaxe

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom