Easy to use UI?... like the iPhone?

Soldato
Morning chaps,

I'm after a phone for my mother. There's only two requirements for it (how easy can this be!), a) it's "easy to use" and b) it BlueTooth's with her car (Fiat 500) and dad's car (BMW 5 Series).

What I'm trying to do is work out a list of easy to use phone's first, and then check Bluetooth compatibility, and then which networks etc.

As an iPhone user I have to say that the iPhone is dead easy to use, perfect for her. Nice clear icons, just tap what you want, and also the phone number keys for dialling instead of using contacts are massive. Thing is; she doesn't need an iPhone - she won't use the web-browser, app store, tap-to-focus camera, etc. It'll be used for making phone calls and texting. That's it. And it seems silly to be paying £349 for the slow iPhone (£449 for the quicker one) when she won't be using the fancy stuff. But the easy to use UI is perfect.

So yeah, recommendations on an easy to use phone (a la iPhone)?

Cheers,

RSR

RSR

Soldato
What about a Nokia 6303 Classic? My mum has one and doesn't seem to have any problems with it.

Soldato
I presume you've considered just a normal phone? i.e. not touchscreen, any nokia classics, a nokia 6700.

Your only real requirement is that it's bluetooth compatible. Choosing a smartphone when she won't use any smartphone features is making life more complicated, an iphone is not the simplest UI available for a phone :confused:

Associate
I presume you've considered just a normal phone? i.e. not touchscreen, any nokia classics, a nokia 6700.

Your only real requirement is that it's bluetooth compatible. Choosing a smartphone when she won't use any smartphone features is making life more complicated, an iphone is not the simplest UI available for a phone :confused:

This man has it right. Don't waste your money.

Back
Top Bottom