Refund for Speeding Ticket

Soldato
5 Years ago after my brother had just passed his test he recieved an on the spot endorsable fpn for doing 36 MPH in a 30 in wales. It was issued by an officer using a speed gun.

Fast forward 5 years and he has recieved a letter through the post refunding him 60 pounds. They state the road was actually a 40 MPH and council had incorrectly marked it :/

Thats all good and well, however he has been paying the obvious insurance hike ever since. How would we go about tackling the council for compensation?

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Your insurance goes up if you notify them that someone else crashed into YOU so why would it not go up if you have speeding hits on your license?

DiG

DiG

Associate
5 Years ago after my brother had just passed his test he recieved an on the spot endorsable fpn for doing 36 MPH in a 30 in wales. It was issued by an officer using a speed gun.

Fast forward 5 years and he has recieved a letter through the post refunding him 60 pounds. They state the road was actually a 40 MPH and council had incorrectly marked it :/

Thats all good and well, however he has been paying the obvious insurance hike ever since. How would we go about tackling the council for compensation?

I don't get this, so the road was signed 30, but was actually 40. So your brother was still speeding?

Soldato
How'd you manage that? :confused:

Put new zigzags Right on my door step, where we have been parking for 20 year. Had a load of heavy tools/gear in car from my job and didn't fancy parking round corner so parked right in front of my house. Parked right behind as i was offloading and gave me 3 points and £60 fine.

Lesson learnt... Some police can be sour ****'s.

I made a thread somewhere about it.

Associate
post a copy to your insurance company showing they admitting they were wrong, policy would get backdated to whenever it was added on which means maybe 5 years worth of refund

Soldato
OP
post a copy to your insurance company showing they admitting they were wrong, policy would get backdated to whenever it was added on which means maybe 5 years worth of refund

Perhaps the best course of action.

For information, my brother entered the road where it stated 40 however the other end states 30 :confused: He just accepted the ticket as he was young and naive I guess.

He has owned highly tuned cars from the age of 18, so 3 points does indeed make a large difference over 5 years!! you are talking a 4 figure sum, which to him is a lot of money to just give away for doing nothing wrong.

Back
Top Bottom