Is my router knackered?

Associate
I've had a Netgear DGN2000 for a little over a year now, and it's been absolutely brilliant until a couple of days ago. My problem is that the four Ethernet ports seem to be acting up. No matter what PC I plug into the router, the first port is providing the bare minimum in terms of connectivity and speed, while the other three won't establish any connection at all (local or Internet).

I'm used to enjoying about 850kb/s to 1.2mb/s download speeds, which my sister can still get wirelessly on her laptop, but at the moment I'm barely getting 200kb/s on anything wired. This leads me to believe the Ethernet ports are buggered, though I have absolutely no idea how that could have happened.

The only thing that seems a bit suspicious is that the numbered lights, when something's plugged into their respective ports, flash furiously like they do when I'm downloading something (the only difference is that when I am downloading something, the Internet light also flashes, but it isn't in this case).

I don't really know what the problem could be or how it occured, as it was fine barely two days ago. But if anyone can hazard a guess and potentially provide a solution, I'd be grateful. I'd rather not spend £70 replacing the router, but I can easily do so if it's absolutely necessary.

Back
Top Bottom