Intel Mobo Required for CCTV system

Associate
For as long as i can remember I've been using AMD and now i need to buy a Intel motherboard for this CCTV system im totally confused.

We have an Avermedia NV5000 CCTV card, and on this page is a list of tested and supported hardware.

We had a pc ready to install this card but the socket is damaged. The cpu from it is a rather old Pentium 4 516 2.93GHz LGA775

Could someone please recommend a motherboard which:

Is below £100 (below or around £50 would be nice)
Is listed on the Avermedia supported hardware list
Supports the Intel Pentium 4 516 2.93GHz LGA775 (if possible)
Has Raid 1
Supports DDR2
And is reasonably recent - in case we wish to upgrade the cpu in the future

Cheers

Associate
OP
Found one, i was going mad last night looking but the first one i looked at today, the ASUS P5B Deluxe/WiFi-AP seems to fit my above spec...

Not that i can find one to buy mind :(

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Yeah, its the cpu that was on the motherboard that died you blind b*****d, can't you read?

Took the the motherboard down to a jewelers earlier today and the let me use some tools in their workshop and fixed it :)

Associate
OP
Don't think you understand what I'm getting at, always funny to see people get worked up over nothing ;)

And a really unhelpful, childish comment!

Basically my mate bought this E-pc of ebay for for about £300 quid a couple of years back for me to use at work. Last year i lost my rag with it and built a new pc with my old quad cpu. Now we need a pc for cctv and, oh look at the spec required for the card:

* CPU: Pentium 4 3.0 GHz or higher
* RAM: 512MB
* HDD : 80GB or higher
* CD-RM/DVD-RM
* Graphic Card: 32-bit high color SVGA graphics card with 64MB video memory and DirectDraw / YUV Rendering Capability
* 10/100 Base-T Ethernet card
* Sound card and speaker

Motherboard was broken (now fixed) and we didn't want have to buy components we didnt need to!

Associate
And a really unhelpful, childish comment!

Basically my mate bought this E-pc of ebay for for about £300 quid a couple of years back for me to use at work. Last year i lost my rag with it and built a new pc with my old quad cpu. Now we need a pc for cctv and, oh look at the spec required for the card:

* CPU: Pentium 4 3.0 GHz or higher
* RAM: 512MB
* HDD : 80GB or higher
* CD-RM/DVD-RM
* Graphic Card: 32-bit high color SVGA graphics card with 64MB video memory and DirectDraw / YUV Rendering Capability
* 10/100 Base-T Ethernet card
* Sound card and speaker

Motherboard was broken (now fixed) and we didn't want have to buy components we didnt need to!

Given the fact that you want any CCTV system to be as stable as possible I would look at a new motherboard if you have any doubt with the repaired one. Most CCTV cards get on very well with Intel G31 mobo's that are commonly available for around £30.

Back
Top Bottom