Question of behalf of a friend

Soldato
Hello all, I've been trying to help someone to night who experienced a localized power cut at his house.

Upon the power coming back, the computer would not turn on... no lights on motherboard etc.

PSU was a Corsair TX650W, I informed him to unplug the PSU for a while and told him to use his Monitor black lead to start the computer up - incase the fuse blew on the other one. The results of this was another cable nackered, and unsuable in his monitor.

PC was bought as Prebuilt system nearly 2 years ago, What are his choices?

Rob

Soldato
As monkeyking says, try out another PSU in his system and ensure that everything else is working OK (hopefully it is just the PSU that is dead).

Does he have any warranty left with the pre-build company? Even if he doesn't, he may want to get in contact with them anyway - they should be able to help him RMA his PSU to Corsair (as Corsair warranty should be 5 years for the TX 650W).

Soldato
OP
It was bought via OcUK, and yeah I have told him to RMA via corsair, he isn't the most technical guy so installing another PSU is prob not an option.

The fact that the PSU blew up a cable upon powering up pc is worrying enough, told him to leave it be for now.

Back
Top Bottom