New lense

Associate
I can recommend the Tamron 17-50mm f2.8, a very sharp lens and the constant f2.8 is great for low light or portraiture.

It can be had for £200-£250 second hand or £250 from onestop-digital.

Only problem is it doesn't cover any more range than your current lens.

Soldato
Depends on your budget, and the kind of 'zoom' you want. There's the Sigma 24-70?

^ oi! I wrote more so it took a few seconds longer :'(

Soldato
The whole point of an interchangeable lens camera, is you get to change the lenses. Different lenses are designed for specific tasks, and therefore it is a good idea to build up a lens collection (if you're more serious about the hobby) so you can cover yourself for any situation.

So.... You say you want more 'zoom'. Therefore buy a telephoto. Don't buy something that crosses over the range of the kit lens, that's not very beneficial.

I would suggest...

a sigma 70-300 APO if you're on a budget.

Or a canon 70-200 F4L if you're not.

Both lenses will totally change your outlook on photography and allow you to 'zoom' in to shots you wouldn't have been able to take previously. The canon 70-200 is a great piece of kit and will last you through many cameras, It's from their professional level line.

It's worth looking for those lenses second hand too (you should be able to pick up the canon for £350 or so).

Back
Top Bottom