Sky router

Man of Honour
Anyone with a new sky router? Was expecting a d834gt when I signed up but have got a 934g instead. The blurb says two of the Ethernet ports are for 'future features' but was wondering if anyone knew whether or not these ports functioned as standard Ethernet ports too. Have 4 devices plugged into my existing router at the minute.

Ta.

Man of Honour
OP
Thanks for that fellers. Saves me having to put a switch in the loft where all my cabling runs to. Apparently Sky push firmware updates to their routers, so I suppose they could change the functionality of these ports whenever they wanted, but for now it'll be useful to use all 4.

Soldato
Sky are probably just trying to hint at reserving the use of two ports for use with Video On Demand services that they must be planning.

If you have a Sky HD box then it has a lan port also.

Soldato
Sky are probably just trying to hint at reserving the use of two ports for use with Video On Demand services that they must be planning.

If you have a Sky HD box then it has a lan port also.

Exactly what they are for :) once sky release their vod this year it'll be pushed through the web like BT vision basically.

You'll still be able to use them as standard ports once this happens as far as I know.

Associate
The Sagem router is terrible. I've never had a Netgear router firmware fail on me yet, but the Sagem firmware fails all the time.

Back
Top Bottom