Donington Park track is in a state

Soldato
mismanagement at Donington Ventures i`d say
they wanted the F1 GP at any cost and it back fired
i hate seeing the track like that, i live 7 miles from it and had been going there since the day it reopened in 77
sad very sad :(

Last edited:
Soldato
Simon Gillet, 'securing' the F1 deal and starting the changes to the track without actually having the money to complete the changes, utterly stupid...

Is the lease still up for sale, or has someone bought it?

There were rumours that MSV were gonna get it...

Capodecina
Soldato
I can't believe that Simon Gillett has even managed to screw up the YouTube clip :rolleyes:

ps - who is Miss Management? Pictures would help clarify the matter :p

Soldato
:( An absolute tragedy. Completely managements fault.

Yes Ecclestone probably stoked the fire suggesting the F1 would bring in millions in revenue for them, but the fault lies with the management starting work using non-existent funds which were solely relied on selling massively overpriced tickets to VIP grandstands which hadn't even got planning permission.

I only hope to God MSV buys the circuit and restores it, although I fear that at present they dont have the funds or the backing to do it.

*edit*
Although I've just checked and the circuit is listed as hosting a round of the BTCC in September so maybe they know something.

*edit #2*
Youtube comment said:
divide the tarmac into little plots and allow racing fans to buy a plot, and then have a show room showing pictures and certificates of fans who have bought a plot. SAVE DONNINGTON PARK PLEASE.
That is easily the most common sense I've ever heard in a Youtube comment.

Last edited:
Soldato
This is the beginning of the end for Donnington as we all know it.

I went to the MotoGP there last year and have visited it on several occasions as its so close to myself. A shame that its lost all its major sporting events for the coming summer!

Permabanned
I blame everyone involved. It was obvious to everyone I know involved in motorsports that the F1 race would never happen there (I posted to that note here to some ridicule at the time). Why did they let it happen?

A real pity to lose such a great track, it is hard to see a recovery from here and the longer any recovery takes the harder it will be.

Soldato
Greed did this.

Greed on Bernie's part, although he actually didn't get anything he wanted.
Greed on Donington's part, and the stupidity to not realise what Bernie's end game was.

Soldato
Very sad indeed. Such a great circuit.

Very sad indeed, but I cant' help think that it wasn't that great a circuit to be honest, I went there to watch WSB when Foggy, Aaron Slight and Colin Edwards were fighting all over the track and don't get me wrong seeing WSB there was fantastic and a shame that the circiut is now dead. I just hope the same thing doesn't happen to any other circuit out there especially Brands Hatch.

Soldato
That is shocking, didnt realise it was so bad. Glad I got to go round it 4/5 years, was epic pulling a wheelie under the dunlop bridge.

Amazing track, what a waste

Godfather
Godfather
Very sad indeed, but I cant' help think that it wasn't that great a circuit to be honest, I went there to watch WSB when Foggy, Aaron Slight and Colin Edwards were fighting all over the track and don't get me wrong seeing WSB there was fantastic and a shame that the circiut is now dead. I just hope the same thing doesn't happen to any other circuit out there especially Brands Hatch.
On track it's a great circuit. Blasting down Craner Curves in the Radical is something I'll never forget.

Back
Top Bottom