need help trying to get iphoto plus working on win7

Soldato
hi,

a friend has used this bit of software (says its around 11 years old) on windows vista 32 bit without any issues but she's tried to use it on win 7 and it says something along the lines of :

This program will not run on this system, please determine if you need 32 bit or 64 bit version of the software and try to re install.

she has an unusual way of "loading" the software, in that she copies a folder from a cd and just runs the apps .exe file.

as i've mentioned this way worked fine on vista 32, with win7 she's tried copying it to the program files and program files (x86) folders but that doesnt help.

also tried running in compatibility mode for vista and winxp.

thanks,

Associate
unfortunately not able to, as she doesn't have the install media :(.

As Sp00n says, I highly doubt your going to get it to work without the install media.

I've had a look at the product description (I'm guessing it's Ulead iPhoto Plus) and Google Picasa (free) will do what that program done and more. If she wants to stick with the same product range then Corel PaintShop Photo Express 2010 is what Ulead iPhoto is now (Corel bought Ulead) and costs £30 on their website, you can probably find it cheaper elsewhere though.

Soldato
OP
yeah shes tried Picasa and the coral trial but doesnt like it as much as her original software, think its a case of using it for that long she knows what each bit does, and doesnt want the pain of having to learn new software unless she really has too.

thanks for the responses.

Back
Top Bottom