The beast file: Google

Soldato
Grab a tea or coffee (or beer) and have a look at this Australian view of Google (ironically on YouTube :) ). A little loose with the facts in places but interesting non the less.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7yfV6RzE30

Risking a flame war of epic proportions, thoughts? Is Google developing a pattern of behaviour that whilst not a huge problem now could become the "Microsoft of the 90s" in the next decade?

Last edited:
Soldato
While I'm sure their business practices are not 100% squeaky clean they're probably a lot more transparent than the majority of other companies.
I agree that they are becoming all omnipresent though, which will upset some folks so it's only natural they're going to get some flak.

Nice to see they leave the video on youtube though, if Apple owned Youtube and this was all about them it would be pulled in an instant.

Caporegime
The problem with Google is they're doing exactly what Microsoft did. And yet Google are befriended by everyone whilst Microsoft got hounded for being evil.

Caporegime
Risking a flame war of epic proportions, thoughts? Is Google developing a pattern of behaviour that whilst not a huge problem now could become the "Microsoft of the 90s" in the next decade?
Except that Google are getting away with it. If the EU doesn't bring court action against them for having a monopoly it will be criminal. They've raped Microsoft and Intel thus far, I just hope they have the balls to take G™ on.

Google worry me far more then Microsoft ever did.

Aod

Aod

Soldato
Except that Google are getting away with it. If the EU doesn't bring court action against them for having a monopoly it will be criminal. They've raped Microsoft and Intel thus far, I just hope they have the balls to take G™ on.

Google worry me far more then Microsoft ever did.

but they're not guilty of antitrust violations like MS were because they're not bundling software along with every PC like MS, their services are on the web. users much browse to those services of their own volition and choose to use them.

Soldato
I for one welcome our new Google overlords!

(Only if they're watching....)

No really though. That was quite a compelling video. I certainly don't like the idea of there being one mighty company in-charge of many, many things. There needs to be healthy competition in the business world to push companies to better themselves instead of taking liberties with our rights and privacy.

Associate
Google is Darth Vader?! Awesome, can't wait to meet that white guy with a black mans voice who got a bit to much of a tan while on holiday with his mentor, had some angsty and whiny teenage years, fell a bit too crazily in love with Natalie Portman, but hey who didnt and underneath it all is just a pretty nice guy who wants to have a good working relationship with his son.

Back
Top Bottom