• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RevB DVI to HDMI dongle needed

Associate
I have an old 3850 lying around I was looking at putting in my HTPC but hit a snag that it didn't include a dvi to hdmi dongle. Research told me that I needed one of the grey RevB 6140063500G marked dongles which work with the 3xxx and 4xxx series cards and are usually bundled with them. I bought what was listed as one from a popular auction site only to find it seems to be a similar looking one that doesn't carry the audio across not being the official ati one. I can't find anywhere that sells the RevB dongle and was wondering if anyone can help me out since overclockers don't sell them either, any ideas?

Associate
I may have one from a 4870x2 bud, was hanging onto it for a future HTPC build but funds are massively tight.

Will find it out tonight, drop me a mail tomorrow if I don't reply. Btw this thread may get deleted / locked due to this sort of thing is supposed to be in the wanted section of the mm.

Associate
OP
ok wasn't sure on that I don't have enough posts for that yet but thought it would be ok since ocuk don't sell them if they did would have bought it from them already!

Associate
ok, mine is 6140063501g, it's grey and came with a 4870x2. Sent you a mail but i've no idea of value. Losing it means when my htpc is built i'll have to get a card with hdmi out which porobably bumps the cost a little.

let me know how much you paid for the one off the bay and what you think it's worth, just want to be fair. If I hadf two (got loads of dvi/vga's) i'd have given it you bud.

Associate
OP
Have found one on bay usa i can get sent over for £11 with delivery think I'll just get that. Wouldn't make any sense to buy yours if you ever want to use it trust me you'll kick yourself for selling it!!

Associate
Would a Rev A work? Found it lying around and I really don't have any use for it; if you think it'll work I can pop it in the post to you or something :)

Back
Top Bottom