Battlestar Galactica MMO announced

Soldato
Ah cheers, way before my time then. I didn't get into pc gaming until 5 years ago, 1995 i was too busy nightclubbing, getting wasted and trying to get shagged every night... PC gamers were geeks to me back then :p Oh how times change.

It's still going, as far as i know. Its all text based stuff and percentages and whatnot. Awesome fun, especially when you start playing in the top kingdoms, etc. Not the same as it used to be though, i hear. Might be a bit pap now compared to how i remember it.

Soldato
Runescape. Never played it my self but it is meant to bo very popular (as in millions).

Millions of registered users. Not millions of concurrent users. Free to play games claim that they have millions of players on a regular basis using that measurement. Chances are most of them signed on, realised it was cack, and never went near it again.

Associate
excited - dissapointed - optimistic in that order.

having just got a netbook i'm enjoying playing bf heroes on it so more like this can only be a good thing.

I've avioded WoW / eve and the like so far as I can't see myself subscribing good money to play as and when I get a spare hour. A good mmo tied to a well known franchise like BSG might pique my interest. Used to day dream 15 years ago of a Warhammer 40k game with spacef battle and landing marines onto planets to bet tyranids. Oh the joys of youth.

RDM

RDM

Soldato
Millions of registered users. Not millions of concurrent users. Free to play games claim that they have millions of players on a regular basis using that measurement. Chances are most of them signed on, realised it was cack, and never went near it again.

While normally I would agree with you Runescape does seem to be a bit different. Concurrent user stats maxed at 250,000 in 2008 it seems. Made the founders millions by all accounts.

Associate
I bet the first three quarters will be great, but the end game is really disappointing....

+1

Although broswer based MMO is pretty much a curse word, Freerealms managed a broswer based 3D MMO and functional interface that worked pretty well and the GFx were about on par with EQ2 on low quality settings.

Shame the game was a complete waste of space.

Permabanned
OP

And the current 'big game' is any different :rolleyes:

The figures you are used to seeing have been absolutely smashed numerous times by free to play games by more than ten times the figures that are assumed as the bar.

11million is nothing compared to some, not to mention online at one time records... google is your friend for the info. You'll soon find out that overall numbers mean absolutely zero for where you live if you do some research.If you don't research? you'll carry on living in ignorance.

Asia is the key.

Soldato
quakelive works really nicely but has highly dated graphics. If they tried a similar thing around the same level of graphics it could potentially be quite good. WOW doesnt have the best graphics but the gameplay pulled in millions

Back
Top Bottom