Having a nightmare putting retention clips on for fan - titan fenrir

jb7

jb7

Associate
Have installed the heatsink, but cannot get the clips to stay on the heatsink in order to put the fan on. If i slide the clips into the heatsink, there's very little room with each I must hook the clip onto the fan with, and the clip goes flying off

similarly, if i try putting the clip on the fan first, then putting the entire thing onto the heat sink, the clip will fall out of the fan's holes

are there any better ways to do this?!

thanks

Associate
Hey mate,

K you know the fan that comes with it, on the corners are the holes where the pointy bits of the clips have to hold onto. you only need to put the pointy bits into the first bunch of holes if you get what I mean. If you just put the clips onto one side of the fan first and then put that onto the heat sink hold that while you do the other side it shouldnt be too hard.

But yea i think thats what you might be doing wrong the clips dont need to be into the holes furthest from the heatsink.

47979154.jpg

Hope this helps

Soldato
When I did one of these I found it a breeze to do. Put the clips (1 at a time) onto the fan 1st, and pull them using the piece in the centre that sticks out, they will bend a little and allow you to pull them into place.

The 1st one should be a total doddle, its the 2nd one you will have to bend a little really.

Back
Top Bottom