Forza Car Auctionhouse & Gifts

Associate
Out of interest... why would you ever buy a car from the in-game shop when you can go to the auction house? I'm curious if there is a downside since I just bought a 600,000 credit racing GT-R for under 25,000 :confused: - doesn't seem a one off either loads of cars are on there for silly money...

I just removed all the previous owner mods, tunes and paint etc so what I ended up with was identical to if i'd have bought it brand new no?

Secondly, you know when you're gifted cars from Turn10, I've noticed that the car settings are locked and you have to remove them to make your own changes, in your experiences, do they get the tune spot on and should I leave them as they are?

So yeah just curious... what is the point from ever buying from the actual shop and should I leave gifted cars settings alone?

Cheers chappies :)

p.s. loving this game :D - I love hotlapping on Maple Valley using that top-notch R1 porsche - down to 1:11 :p

Soldato
The main reason that would be cheap is it is probably the one you get gifted later on in career, but its at lvl 35+, if you wanted it now, you're under lvl 30 and paid 25000, you really got a steal and can easily sell yours for the same when you get it :)

Soldato
Yep, you've been ripped off. The guy got that car for free and has made 24,900 credits out of you - he could only sell it to the "game" for 100 credits. :D

Associate
Secondly, you know when you're gifted cars from Turn10, I've noticed that the car settings are locked and you have to remove them to make your own changes, in your experiences, do they get the tune spot on and should I leave them as they are?

Its a "quirk" of the gifting system. As far as I know only the M5 saftey car, RX8 saftey car and the Camaro have had custom settings but even those were just upgraded parts rather than proper handling tunes so by removing the set-up you are not affecting anything.

Associate
OP
Oh yeah, side note... when I go to my messages I see:

"You have been gifted Missing Content"

then it takes me to the marketplace for some reason? any ideas? has Turn10 gifted me something from one of the two purchasable car packs or maybe that VIP one? (don't have that its not the ltd ed)

Associate
OP
Hmm, touching on what some of you guys have said, gifted cars only sell for 100cr? mine dont :confused:

Turn10 gifted me a #25 ECLIPSE ADVAN SC430 which I can sell for 300,000 and also a Bugatti EB110 SS which I can sell for 150,000...

Strangely easy way to make loads of money and progress in the game faster than maybe you should?

Soldato
Hmm, touching on what some of you guys have said, gifted cars only sell for 100cr? mine dont :confused:

Turn10 gifted me a #25 ECLIPSE ADVAN SC430 which I can sell for 300,000 and also a Bugatti EB110 SS which I can sell for 150,000...

Strangely easy way to make loads of money and progress in the game faster than maybe you should?

"Prize" cars only sell for 100cr, and the majority of gift cars. Only the last few they have allowed to be sold for their full value.

Back
Top Bottom