Who Played Castle Wolfenstein!!???

Associate
Ahh Pappas Tram - I remember spending many a night getting gibbed by a certain Panzerhoor... mentioning no names, thepigf@rmer :D

For me, this is still one of the best online MP games, the objective gameplay was a breath of fresh air and I had a few brilliant years playing this at a pretty high level competitively. Just a shame the recent version was so mediocre :(

Are there still many servers up for this? Might reinstall it!

Associate
Ahh Pappas Tram - I remember spending many a night getting gibbed by a certain Panzerhoor... mentioning no names, thepigf@rmer :D

For me, this is still one of the best online MP games, the objective gameplay was a breath of fresh air and I had a few brilliant years playing this at a pretty high level competitively. Just a shame the recent version was so mediocre :(

Are there still many servers up for this? Might reinstall it!

HiHi ;)

Theres a handful of servers left, populated by the INSANELY HARDCORE/STUPID! :p

wolfcl.jpg

I deffo agree with best MP so far, very easy to get into and so playable!

Associate
I too miss RTCW. Great mix of gameplay and teamwork, just niche enough to keep all the kids and riff raff out, yet competitive enough to support a great community. All gone downhill since as developers water the FPS genre down for mass appeal :(

Soldato
You mean the Battlefield and Call of Duty games that weren't out for at least a year after RTCW? :p Sounds like you were a bit late to the party, even though the RTCW community didn't start dying out for years after release.

I used to play RTCW & ET for years, first on 56k then I remember the massive advantage ADSL gave me on most servers :D I loaded it up again last year and it was just as fun, though unfortunately not really enough servers for a good choice anymore.

Associate
I am used to playing Battlefield + call of duty games which are far better.
They really aren't. Call of Duty was built on the same engine as RTCW, with stripped down gameplay and physics to suit a more realistic game. The pace, movement, strategy and teamwork of RTCW was always leagues ahead. The Battlefield series doesn't even come into it.

Soldato
They really aren't. Call of Duty was built on the same engine as RTCW, with stripped down gameplay and physics to suit a more realistic game. The pace, movement, strategy and teamwork of RTCW was always leagues ahead. The Battlefield series doesn't even come into it.

Agreed. Neither Call of Duty or Battlefield got within a country mile of RTCW multiplayer.

Back
Top Bottom