Map Question

Associate
Hi All

We are designing our new leaflet at work, and we need to put in a catchment area map.

Basically I need to find somewhere on-line that will sell me a high-res map down to streetlevel, which I can modify and use in a leaflet to be distributed to our customers .

Any ideas ?

R

Mehul

Soldato
For a leaflet?
How do you mean down to street level... I would have thought you'd want a large scale google esque map. You won't fit street level on a brochure unless your catchment area is about 50 metres:)

If you are looking for a detailed map... Then you'll probably just have to buy something from OS, or someone like promap (expensive). I'd contact OS first and see if they can help you, there's probably a service they do that will get you just what you need. Your local planning office will also have OS data handy to buy but I don't know if they would pass this on digitally or just send you on your way with a crappy A4 print out.

Probably worth having a read of googles license for using their maps.

You could always get the leaflet designer to trace over a google map, turning it in to more of a diagram with catchment area circles (I guess this is what you're doing?) overlayed. Not very accurate perhaps if people dispute whether they're on a border though, but you wont have to worry about copyright.

Back
Top Bottom