No signal detected on monitor

Associate
Could use a bit of help again! :)

Computer powers on just fine. Fans working e.t.c. Monitor is BenQ G2420HDBL. Only came with a d-sub cable. I have a d sub to dvi adapter which I plugged both in in but getting no signal detected.

I tested it with an old dvi cable but same thing. No signal detected. Is there anyway to fix this? Been reading that I might have to buy dvi-d to dvi-d cable cos im using a 5850?

RJC

RJC

Don
What are the full specs of your pc?

Also is this the first time you have switched the pc on or has it been working in the past.

Associate
OP
i5 750
Patriot Sector 5 Viper II 4GB
OCZ ModXStream Pro 700w
Samsung SpinPoint F3 1TB
Asus P7P55D Intel P55
Wiindows 7

First time I've built it and got this far. Still having issues with no signal detected.

RJC

RJC

Don
Ah ok,

Are all power connectors in including the 8 pin for cpu power as well as the 24 pin atx connector and both plugs to the gpu.
Also try with minimal memory and check they are in the correct slots - I did this on my build.
Do a CMOS reset :)

Associate
OP
Ah ok,

Are all power connectors in including the 8 pin for cpu power as well as the 24 pin atx connector and both plugs to the gpu.
Also try with minimal memory and check they are in the correct slots - I did this on my build.
Do a CMOS reset :)

Power connectors in and secure.
Tried different memory slots, single and dual but stll no signal.
Did a cmos reset but now i have a red light on the mem switch. No signal. What next?

Associate
OP
Nevermind! I tried moving the ram sticks again and somehow it worked! Weird thing was that before i did the cmos reset, they were on the exact same slot but now it works for whatever reason. Thanks all!:D

Back
Top Bottom