*****Official Deus Ex 3: Human Revolution discussion thread*****

Associate
Yes!

Just saw this on Eurogamer, really looking forward to it.

Loved the first one, it's in my all time top 5, but the second one i didn't give it the time.

Not too sure why, just felt they dumbed it down for the consoles.

Soldato
No they never said that. It was just some website having wild imagination. It is a shame however. PC Exclusivity would make the game better by definition.

Associate
I'm gonna break my old oakleys to make shade implants that pop out of my temples!!!

Even Horatio Caine... won't see it coming YEEAAAHHH:cool:

---------------------------

As for console ports, there's for and against:

* For some genres (RPGs sigh), they're pretty much dumbed down for consoles
* Less than perfectly optimised engines to run on PCs
* Gamepad controls prompts even when it's keys+mouse on PC etc

on the other hand...

* Bigger audience means bigger budget, production values. Dragon Age, Mass Effect, MW1 &2 , would either never have been made if not for consoles or would have had drastically smaller budgets.

* Whether a game is developed for PC initially or exclusively does not guarantee that a game engine will be well optimised. I can think of plenty of mediocre looking PC games with rubbish frame rates eg NWN2

* As above, even if a PC exclusive looks good, gets good frame rates etc, it could still crash / have loads of bugs.

These dasy it seems as if in people are quick to blame all game problems on consoles and ignore the fact the PC exclusives can also be buggier than a cockroach farm.

Soldato
Never expected it to be PC Exclusive and to be fair CGI footage means absolutely nothing to me now, so I will reserve my judgement until we start seeing some actual previews.

Caporegime
just so long as they design the interface for the pc then once that's done design a separate one fro the console I'll be happy.

Rather than the current system of gimping thr UI to work on a console then just sticking it on the pc but at slightly higher ress (if you're lucky)

Caporegime
I'm gonna break my old oakleys to make shade implants that pop out of my temples!!!

That's kinda silly. His vision is augmented... he doesn't even need shades :p JC used shades to stop people noticing his eyes, not because he needed them :p In fact he could see perfectly well in a dark room with his shades on. Minor niggle, that...

As for console ports, there's for and against:

on the other hand...

* Bigger audience means bigger budget, production values. Dragon Age, Mass Effect, MW1 &2 , would either never have been made if not for consoles or would have had drastically smaller budgets.

This you've listed as a plus point. I can't say I agree. Throwing money and resources at something doesn't guarantee a great product, merely an expensive product.

Just look at some of the multi-million dollar movies Hollywood has made... there are plenty of flops in there. Of course the flip side of that same coin is that there are many great movies made on tight budgets.

Soldato
I know its only CGI, I know this but i'm excited anyway

As for it being released on consoles its no big deal as long as its designed for PC and ported to consoles and not the other way round

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom