• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

overclocked my 5870 and made performance worse, reset back and now worse still. help

Associate
I overclocked my 5870 using MSI after burner, after overclocking abit and testing stability i decided to run 3D mark vantage.

results:
5870 stock GPU score 16k.
5870 925 core GPU score 14k.

So it reduced my score...
So i was worried and set afterburner back to defaults.

Now my GPU score is 13K. and powerplay isnt working at all even at defaults settings...

What have i done. :(

EDIT: powerplay isnt working but instead my core is jumping from 400 to 850 and back at random when in desktop.
Also 3D mark seemed to be really jerky when i overclocked it and returned it to defaults. like stuttering randomly

Last edited:
Associate
sounds like afterburner is still overclocking your card. try uninstalling it and go to overdrive in ccc and make sure its set at defaults.

Associate
OP
Ok i disabled unofficialoverclocking in afterburner config and restarted comp and its fixed it. few!

However why did it do this in the first place? seemingly caused bad stuttering when it was overclocked. temps are below 60 degrees.

Any ideas?

Associate
OP
Is it because it needs more voltage? Can anyone with a 5870 please post any overclocks they've done and the voltages required. thanks

Back
Top Bottom