pc wont turn on:(

Associate
just put a new pc together and first time i switched it on it turned on ok. started to install windows 7 and i went out of the room for 2 mins. when i came back the pc was off. ive checked all the conections and everything is in place. ive also tryed a different power cable and tryed other sockets in the house. sometimes when i try to switch it on ill the LED on the fan will light up for a split second and thats it. makes me think its a faulty PSU cos if i had connected anything wrong the PSU would still come on rite?

AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Socket AM3 3.2 GHz 8MB L3 Cache Retail Boxed Processor £125
MSI 770-C45 AMD 770 AM3 DDR3 Support 8 channel Blu-ray Audio GB LAN ATX Motherboard £49.25
Be Quiet 530W Pure Power PSU - 120mm Fan Dual 12V Rails 5x SATA 2x PCI-E £44.28
Casecom 6788 Black Mid Tower Case with Full Black Interior/Exterior 120mm Blue LED Front Fan - No PSU £25.98
Samsung F3 500GB
Samsung SH-S223 22X DVD±RW/RAM/DL Serial ATA Black Bare Drive - OEM £14.99
HIS HD 5770 1GB GDDR5 DVI HDMI Display Port Out PCI-E Graphics Card £125.54
Crucial 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz/PC3-10600 Memory Kit CL9 1.5V
£80
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium - Licence and media - 1 PC - OEM - DVD - 64-bit - English £75.84

Soldato
This has also happened to me before, except I used completely different components from you. But after I left it for a while everything was working again, although my boot drive crashed and died, so I need to install Win 7 again. I think it has something to do after a Win 7 install that causes it, but how to fix it I'm not sure :s

Associate
OP
think thats what happend to me. i got as far as accepting terms and conditions on win 7 and it was installing for about 5 mins then turned off

Associate
Try removing all the unnecessary components such as one RAM stick, graphics card (if the motherboard has on-board graphics), then try running it. If still no luck, try changing the RAM to a different slot and swapping the RAM stick around.

Hope that helps :)

Associate
OP
ive taken everything apart and started again and still wont work. the only thing ive noticed is if i dont connect the 4pin cable to the CPU the rest of it comes on. as soon as i plug that back in the problem is back. every so often the blue LED will come on for a split second

Soldato
Either your CPU is overheating and forcing the system to shut down or you have a faulty PSU. Check your cooler is properly installed first of all. After that I would use a Multimeter to check the voltages coming from the PSU but if this is not possible then try and get another PSU just to test.

Associate
OP
ive checked the PSU on a multimeter and everything is ok. strange thing is when i firsti turned it on after building it, it ran for about 10 mins then aint had any luck since. ive taken the CPU fan and chip out twice to make sure its in place properly

Back
Top Bottom