Tetris DS and WPA

Soldato
So I got a Dsi XL yesterday and wanted to play Tetris via WiFi, but prob is Tetris DS only supposed WEP encryption, even though the DSi XL supports WPA2 etc?

Any ideas what I can do to solve this?

Soldato
Yeah all regular DS games still use WEP. Only exclusive DSi specific gamecards would have WPA security.

As mentioned before, best bet is to just change the security type on your router, or get a USB WiFi stick that plugs into your computer, like the Official Nintendo WiFi one.

Soldato
OP
Yeah all regular DS games still use WEP. Only exclusive DSi specific gamecards would have WPA security.

As mentioned before, best bet is to just change the security type on your router, or get a USB WiFi stick that plugs into your computer, like the Official Nintendo WiFi one.

Funny you should mention this. Cause I do have a Nintendo USB WiFi stick.
Is there any risk have two wireless devices so close to each other I wonder?
Also settings wise?

Caporegime
How come?

You can sniff MAC addresses if you know what you're doing.

At the end of the day, for the home user it's generally not an issue. The home user is usually just concerned about someone leeching their wireless, not someone snooping around, so all you need to do is make your network less attractive than your neighbours. If a hacker has to do WEP cracking and MAC sniffing to get into your network and nothing to get into your neighbour's, they'll use your neighbour's.

Soldato
Funny you should mention this. Cause I do have a Nintendo USB WiFi stick.
Is there any risk have two wireless devices so close to each other I wonder?
Also settings wise?

You'll have no problem running the Nintendo Wi-Fi adapter in addition to your wireless network and is a much better solution than having to drop your encryption settings down to WPA on your router.

Soldato
OP
You'll have no problem running the Nintendo Wi-Fi adapter in addition to your wireless network and is a much better solution than having to drop your encryption settings down to WPA on your router.

Windows 7 users: There is no installation software available for Windows 7, and we cannot guarantee that any of the available versions will work with Windows 7.

Ugh well that sucks!

Anyone know of any way to get the WiFi connector working with W7?

Back
Top Bottom