Best PC games?

Associate
Hi,

I've been out of the PC gaming loop for over 6 years now, just got a laptop with a radeon 4200 graphics card, 4gb ram and 2.2ghz dual core processor.

i know it's not going to play all the latest stuff, i have a 360 for that, but going to use it when travelling so after a few recommendations for decent titles that have been released over the last few years, that my laptop is capable of running.

company of heroes is the only one on my list so far, any others i should pick up? - not cross platform games as i'll have more than likely had those on the 360

thx

Last edited:

C64

C64

Soldato
If you buy company of heroes tales of valour alone you get all factions playable online just don't get original campaigns just a heads up.

C64

C64

Soldato
You don't need the original game, if you buy TOV alone you have full access to all units all factions ONLINE.You just don't get coh and opposing fronts single player campaigns.

I made this mistake as I bought opposing fronts for PE and Brits and then wanted the new TOV units so would have to buy TOV on top of OF not knowing all I had to do was buy TOV for all multiplayer aspects.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Ah right.

so I'll go ahead and get the original COH first, as i do want to try the single campaigns, and then get tales of valour for the full MP aspect. sound about right?

C64

C64

Soldato
Plants vs zombies
Defence grid the awakening
Trine
Braid
Torchlight

Should all run well on a lappy

Last edited:
Soldato
as per your request for PC only games in last 6 years:

must play:
- crysis (get original Far Cry if you never played it as well)
- stalker (1st one)
- CoH -get the expansions - anthology is under £10 and includes both expansions although tales of valor is weakest imo
- Age of Conan - if you like MMO/RPG then it deserves a try - think it is available now with free trial period

also could consider:
- witcher
- world in conflict
- empire total war
- F.E.A.R.
- Titan quest + immortal throne

PS laptop will run these games - probably not max settings, but if it can run CoH then you should be able to play these as well

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom