• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Is the Phenom II x2 550 still the same stock?

Soldato
The original X2 550 was a black edition, which had an unlocked multiplier.

I've heard rumours about non-black edition X2 550s.

The 555 is a black edition and seems to clock slightly better than the 550, plus early batches seem to have a very good chance of unlocking success (if your motherboard allows it).

Associate
The 555 is a black edition and seems to clock slightly better than the 550,

My personal experience has been that the 555s clock no better than the 550s (around 3.85 max at sensible vcore or maybe up to 4.0 if you are very lucky) but they do seem to have a better unlock chance.

Associate
OP
i just want to build a new family based computer so theres no heavy use for the machine so a dual core would be suitable. obviously they have more of apotential to unlock so i can have a play about with.

from what i understant locked cores are failed cpus that are locked and made stable to meet demand of lesser core based cpus at stock, so theres always a chance.

but it seems that some models have a greater chance to unlock than others

Back
Top Bottom