• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Best bang for buck graphics card

Associate
Hi guys, been out of the game qutie a while. Just looking at graphics cards and wondering what the current best "bang for buck" card is, i.e. is there one thats reasnoably priced i.e. £150 or so, and yet can be overclocked to beat its siblings?

I also have one requirement, that is it vents its hot air outside the case (new pc has a v small case with not much airflow)

Finally will this card offer a decent improvement on an 8800GT?

Thanks!

Associate
If you intend on keeping the case then a 5770 may be your only option, its unlikely a 5830/5850 would fit. Furthermore both the 58 series cards exceed the 150 mark.

Associate
OP
Thanks for advise so far seems to be a general consensus towards the 5770. I dont think size will be a prob as the 8800gt I have now is huge and fits ok, but I only have one PCI-E power adaptor (without changing the psu).

Associate
If you are getting a 5770 then i would advise that you considered the Asus Cucore version, the voltage tweak technology will allow a decent overclock.

The custom cooler is highly efficient too so your poorly ventilated case is unlikely to cause it problems.

Soldato
Thanks for advise so far seems to be a general consensus towards the 5770. I dont think size will be a prob as the 8800gt I have now is huge and fits ok, but I only have one PCI-E power adaptor (without changing the psu).

your aware that an 8800gt is a tiny card compared to even the high end 8 series cards, let alone the high end ati 5 series.

So yea, 5770 *** :)

Soldato
Out of the 5770 range, would this be a big drop in performance? A Powercolor Go! Green HD5750 1GB GDDR5 (Product Name : AX5750 1GBD5-NS3DH

I think this is the one Powercolor has replaced the voltage chips on, or something like that, so it doesn't require AUX power cable. But it does has reduced core and memory clocks, 700 and 1150 MHz

Back
Top Bottom