7750 black edition, hot & Noisey

Associate
Hi

A friend of mine has a 7750 and it sounds like a plane taking off, he isnt technical at all but I assured him there must be something wrong.
After running speed fan I noticed the CPU temp was 45 idle and the fan is going 5000 RPM+ with the case on, the cooler whilst not being the best is definately better than the stock, its a decent sized copper heat sink and a DC Brushless AFC0812DD fan.

I've taken it all apart cleaned it and put it all back together but still the same problem. I've tried cool and quiet, but all this seems to do is run the fan faster to keep the temps down.

I don't really know what else to try. The only thing I can think of is suggesting a new heat sink and fan but this one seems to look fairly good. I do know the heatsink and fan came off and older system so possibly it is outdated, are the new cpus much hotter than the previous ones? Or possibly a quieter fan would be an option.

Thanks

Associate
OP
You really think this will make a huge difference? The Heatsink it has on it is a fully copper one, possibly better than that aluminium one of you have suggested.

Surely there must be something else amis here?

Soldato
Is it a three pin fan? IF so enable cool & quiet in the BIOS (some BIOSes have better fan control than others it seems). It's also worth making sure the heatsink is making proper contact with the CPU and that the thermal compound hasn't dried up.

Soldato
You really think this will make a huge difference? The Heatsink it has on it is a fully copper one, possibly better than that aluminium one of you have suggested.

Surely there must be something else amis here?

0.jpg

That one? The only thing that really makes noise is the fan, and the Coolermaster's is quiet as hell.

Associate
OP
Ive now tried 2 different 3 pin fans and a 4 pin. Interestingly enough cool & quiet makes not much difference.

The motherboard fan settings don't seem to work, Ive used a thing called thermal cruise control where apparently the fan should speed up to keep the cpu at the required temp but it doesn't, the fans just stay at the same speeds.

Speedfan also isn't compatible with the motherboard so it seems, its an XFX geforce 8300.

Can anyone reccomend a good CPU + heatsink which is fairly cheap for the 7750 cpu? The motherboard doesn't support the 4 plug one reccomended earlier.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom