Difference in these Gigabyte X58A Motherboards?

Associate
Which would you get and why?
What is this Power Phase thing the UD3R is missing along with them other features?
Has the UD7 got anything else that the UD5 has not apart from "New Hybrid Silent-Pipe 2 design provides unequalled heat conductivity"?

GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R (£158.99)
??? power phase

GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD5 (£219.98)
Advanced 12+2+2 power phase design with VRD 11.1 support
Onboard Debug LED display simplifies motherboard troubleshooting
2 Gigabit Ethernet LAN with Teaming functionality
Power/reset/Clr CMOS onboard button for easily operation on the workbench

GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD7 (£268.99)
As Above +
New Hybrid Silent-Pipe 2 design provides unequalled heat conductivity

Do the differences justify the prices and what is this "Power Phase 24+2+2 VRD 11.1 Support thing? Will that be needed for the new 6 core chips?

Basically, am I alright in getting the cheapest one and still have future upgrade options the same as the top of the range one which is £110 more?

Any future proof differences between these boards?

P.S. Whilst searching for the answer, I saw the same question asked on another website. But unanswered. It helped me post the question here.

Thanks in advance.

-xe-

Associate
I wouldn't look at it the way you are, I'd look at it like this, compare the stuff you are actually need/use on each of the boards then you'll know if it's worth it or not

For me I went with the UD3R simply because I didn't need any of the extra stuff on the UD5 and it certainly wasn't worth over 100 quid to me, the UD3R overclocks just as good as the UD5 too.

Back
Top Bottom