BBQ Ribs

Associate
So i bought some BBQ pork ribs from tesco the other day and on the pack it said full rack, now usually that means around 10-12 from my experience.

However i only got 6, the packet seems to have enough space for 12 but it was sealed inside the packet and cant see how this was a mistake. Is there a minimum about of ribs that a "Full Rack" can have, or is just any amount they want?

Here are what the packet looks like

I usually dont kick up a fuss, but i was wondering if these are being mis-sold.

Associate
So i bought some BBQ pork ribs from tesco the other day and on the pack it said full rack, now usually that means around 10-12 from my experience.

However i only got 6, the packet seems to have enough space for 12 but it was sealed inside the packet and cant see how this was a mistake. Is there a minimum about of ribs that a "Full Rack" can have, or is just any amount they want?

Here are what the packet looks like

I usually dont kick up a fuss, but i was wondering if these are being mis-sold.

Kick up a fuss in the shop to be honest, not on a computer shop forum ;)

Associate
OP
It's done on weight... so was there enough weights worth of ribs?

I didnt weight them tbh, didnt seem that much though, probably half that, they didnt have that much meat on. They were good ribs, just guess i will have to look inside the packet next time i buy

Soldato
[FnG]magnolia;16158273 said:
The weight of the product is on the front-facing packaging label. The number of ribs is irrelevant.

I guess this will be there get out. Probably something like there average weight of there rack of ribs is ????kg so you get that weight regardless of how much of the full rack is in the pack.

Soldato
but he expected 12 in the one box...

Unless the packaging states (Contains 12 ribs inside) he hasnt really got a leg to stand on regardless as what "a full rack" is, as really, who knows how many ribs are in a full rack? I didnt before I read this. It's either calculated by weight as someone has said which means they cannot gaurentee the number inside, or the packaging will have to state on the box how many ribs are inside.

Back
Top Bottom