DS Games - What Are Good?

Soldato
Hey All,

I am doing a bit of travelling in the next week and have dusted of my DS for some in-flight entertainment...

What sort of games are out at the moment that you would recommend? Something like a platform game, or RPG/Hack'n'Slash and Puzzle type games - to help pass the time :)

Cheers,

Soldato
Mario & Luigi: Bowsers Inside Story - One of the best RPG's i've played on the DS.

Zelda Spirit Tracks

Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow

N+ - great puzzle / platformer. Very simple but a lot of fun.

Soldato
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin
Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia

Those 3 alone could fill in the RPG/Hack'n Slash/Platform genres all in one.

For a puzzle game, something like Meteos could make you waste a lot of hours. Nice colours, themes and sound/music, just to be expected from a Q Entertainment game.

Caporegime
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin
Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia

Those 3 alone could fill in the RPG/Hack'n Slash/Platform genres all in one.

For a puzzle game, something like Meteos could make you waste a lot of hours. Nice colours, themes and sound/music, just to be expected from a Q Entertainment game.

Meteos has a difficulty curve like a brick wall.

Great game though.

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Newest Pokemon games look good. :p

It is :D Reviewing it for a site at the moment. It's not out till the 26th though so might not be much use if McDaniel's off before then.

If you can find it: Chrono Trigger is brilliant. Also GTA: Chinatown Wars and I echo the Professor Layton, Mario & Luigi: Bowsers Inside Story and Zelda Spirit Tracks recommendations.

Soldato
Pokemon - great games, have played most of them and really enjoyed them, when I was in Canada I got diamond for the flights and basically spent all the waiting time I had playing it.

Riviera - Great little RPG but not easy to find in the UK (not sure if it was released here) you can get a cartridge from games-advance.com but it is a GBA game so if you have the DSi it's out.

Soldato
Indeed. Meteos is like hardcore columns.

The game mechanic is brilliant - really inventive and clever.

I like the sound options as well where you can listen to the backing track and all sound effects for each stage, so if you are a music person with the appropriate hardware to record off the DS, you could dabble with your own samples or something.

Soldato
OP
Cheers Guys!

Another question are chargers universal - I got my DS in the States but need to charge it before I go - my mum has a UK DS but before I drive all the way there if it wont work i'll go get a converter instead! :)

Soldato
Is it the same type of DS (original, lite, DSi)? As the actual connection to the DS differs for each I believe. If they are though, using a UK charger on a US DS is perfectly fine. :)

Back
Top Bottom