Left 4 Dead 2 - £9.99 inc delivery

Man of Honour
I've been suckered into Steam due to this, as some friends are getting it too.

Just shows how retail has advantage over digital download. As people need to shift physical stock to free up room, so knock prices down. While Steam directly still charges a packet for it.

Steam charge a lot because if they dont, all the retailers have threatened to stop supplying the games in question. Steam get around this with their weekend and holiday deals. Personally, I think Steam should call their bluff - the retailers would lose out more - digital download has matured considerably since the argument first began.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;16157784 said:
You mean £34.99.

Why not just get it delivered to your house? You realise with them, Pick up at store means they post it from the warehouse to the store for you, meaning its no quicker than having it sent to you direct.

No, I mean it was £39.99. In the headrow Leeds store it was £39.99, in the Albion street store it was £34.99. :confused: I'll go into headrow store and see if its still 39.99 tomorrow

I ordered it to store so i could pick it up tomorrow as im not in today. I walk past the albion street store almost everyday anyway when getting lunch in town

Soldato
Steam charge a lot because if they dont, all the retailers have threatened to stop supplying the games in question. Steam get around this with their weekend and holiday deals. Personally, I think Steam should call their bluff - the retailers would lose out more - digital download has matured considerably since the argument first began.

Will be interesting to know if it drops to £9.99 or lower on a weekend special now a lot of retail packs have been shifted. As it seems the 3 suppliers I checked are now out of stock.

Man of Honour
Will be interesting to know if it drops to £9.99 or lower on a weekend special now a lot of retail packs have been shifted. As it seems the 3 suppliers I checked are now out of stock.

Perhaps they will keep it for the Easter holiday deals (which I assume there will be).

Associate
i see this offer the other day n asked me g/f to have a look in the shop to see how much when she went shopping

they was trying to flog it for £43

was looking at the newer stalker too and that was £36 which is £6 over the rrp i wont bother even going in there again with the prices they asking for

The store stock was probably bought months ago when suppliers were charging X amount, hence why it's still that price on the shelves.

I'm inclined to say that website stock levels fluctuate more frequently and so they buy in from different places at different rates, and as overheads are lower selling from the Internet they have more opportunity to sell a line cheaper to attract punters.

Soldato
Mine has arrived, not sure whethe to use the key or sell on now. Im quite happy with Bad company 2 at the moment.

Is it just a frag fest or is there a point to the game?

Soldato
Mine has arrived, not sure whethe to use the key or sell on now. Im quite happy with Bad company 2 at the moment.

Is it just a frag fest or is there a point to the game?

Definitely a point. The survivors have to, well, survive, while the infected are out to completely disembowel you and gnaw on your innards :)

You really need to play the game with a group of people such as us weird and wonderful lot (though avoid someone called Pookie Bear as he smells slightly) to get the full benefit from the game, playing with random people on the internet is more an exercise in frustration than playing for enjoyment (though experience may vary).

Have a look at my sig and add a few of the regulars from here and you'll be manically laughing to the sound of zombie mutilation and burning your team alive with lolotovs in no time. :D

Soldato
well mine was sitting on the mat awaiting my arrival home from work today ..£9.99 for this *cough* addon *cough* is well worth the cash ;) , there was a small patch after install and it plays silky smooth maxed up... if only Valve made a Battlefield game I can't help but think it would be perfect out of the box !

Back
Top Bottom